Retro Shock (personal composition)

LITHE

a few weeks ago I decided to make my first rock song with synths. I started comming up with random melodies in my mind and pieced it together. I finnished the composing in about 4 hours and then the next day mastered it in another 4 hours. fastest I have ever created a song.

the name of the song is retro shock because the melodies in the second half of the song, were inspired by the origional genesis Sonic The Hedgehog games.

I was listening to the song today and Im amazed how good it sounds, made in such a small amount of time (for me lol)!

stats.png

The harmonies in the beginning are quite interesting (meaning I enjoyed them :P), but later in the music they get set in a basic up & down motion that carries it through the rest of the music which sounds a little clunky and awkward.

The instrument choice was neat - I liked the combination of the electronic and guitar you used (although I'd prefer the guitar to be real :?... then again, this is only 8 hours of work, so that isn't too bad :<). The mixing was rough, though - I couldn't hear the melody. The texture and rhythm drown the elements that needed to be in the front of the mix.

It was pretty fun to listen to, though. Thanks for posting!

Wow, I really like those guitar samples. =) What library are they from, or did you find them online?

I also like your cartman ''guitars are for old people''. ;p

the sample softare I use is prominy LPC. prominy probably makes the best guitar libraries available... it works with kontakt2 or 3. if I put time into it I can trick almost anyone to thinking its a real guitar! the only downside is it will take up 30 gigs of your hard drive O_o

the cartman is there for all the people that say "I would rather hear a live guitar". why dont they tell the people composing orchistra "I would rather hear hear you play the orchistra!" haha!

The harmonies in the beginning are quite interesting (meaning I enjoyed them :P), but later in the music they get set in a basic up & down motion that carries it through the rest of the music which sounds a little clunky and awkward.

The instrument choice was neat - I liked the combination of the electronic and guitar you used (although I'd prefer the guitar to be real :?... then again, this is only 8 hours of work, so that isn't too bad :<). The mixing was rough, though - I couldn't hear the melody. The texture and rhythm drown the elements that needed to be in the front of the mix.

It was pretty fun to listen to, though. Thanks for posting!

thanks! I had a lot of fun making this too! in the future I want to change some parts but I do like the repeditive rhythm it has. I guess it just brings me back to the 16 bit days :P