New Uematsu Solo Album

Arcubalis

It's called "10 Stories," and he's releasing one song every 2-3 months with a full album release in the spring of 2010. The album will be translated into English after the Japanese release date.

We've posted more details and thoughts about the debut track, "Here Comes Conga Boy," here on OSV: http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=3078

What do you guys think? Wish the physical album would come out soner.

I've actually never heard Phantasmagoria before, so I don't know what to expect. Some people have said they're underwhelmed by Uematsu's anime scores, so maybe he doesn't have the touch outside games, but who knows what that's based on. Either way, I'm obviously interested to hear something original by Uematsu, so let's get it going...

I had a friend purchase me a copy of Phantasmagoria when he went to Japan for a few weeks back around 2000 or so.

I was grossly underwhelmed by it :(

It's not a horrible album or anything, it just seemed to me that from someone who regularly composes 60-100 tracks for any given game to release something with more like 12, those twelve should be breathtakingly beautiful, or just kick ass... and they just felt cheap and a little cheesy to me. The non-lyrics on it didn't help.

i like uematsu's album - i wouldn't take it over a lot of his other work but it's certainly not that bad

but doing a solo thing is tough in terms of finding the right direction

mitsuda has done pretty well but it's taken a couple shots for him and he's paired himself with other's and poetry - even kanno's isn't that breathtaking compared to her exhaustive work like uematsu, but it's still by no standards of mine bad - i def look for forward to any music by the great master :)