1 vs 100 on Xbox Live

For those of you who have XBL Gold: don't miss this the next time there's a primetime show. It was awesome -- gameshows are good to begin with, and actually playing one was sweet. Got to yell at newt and bahamut over the mic, which made it better still.

I'll update this after tonight's show and let people know when the next primetime event is (right now, there's E3 trivia just for fun over the next half hour).

EDIT: The next primetime (live) shows are Friday June 12 at 9:00 PM, and Saturday June 13 at 7:00 PM. Extended play (for fun and no prizes) happens for 1-2 hours every day -- check the schedule via the Spolight menu.

Top 3 players each round get free random XBLA game.

The One plays for the large prize -- The Mob divides the prize amongst remaining members if the One loses -- the prize is usually between 1000 and 10000 MS Points. All players as The Mob or The One that win also get a random free XBLA game. Bigger prizes to be added once the show is out of beta.

For playing Extended Play, you earn additional entries into the sweepstakes for a big screen HDTV, Zunes, and other big prizes.

I wish the game was daily.

I rather liked the actual 1 vs 100 show, even if it got short-ordered (or canceled if you want to put it harshly) on TV.

But playing it is another thing alotgether. Especially with the avatars frolicking amongst others, it's something even the Wii's Mii's can't quite touch.

Finally some real usage for the avatars and the game is really fun too.

And when I saw the 'official' unveiling of the gameshow, I was sort of shocked too: DECEMBER? That's way too far away..

It was pretty hilarious watching newt playing it last night - seeing the greed of the lucky people chosen as The One and just how many dumb people there were getting easy questions wrong like "What is the 24th letter of the English alphabet?" was too entertaining in a dumbfounding way.

One thing I didn't like was that it seemed like the super good people would consistently win the prizes for the top 3 scores though.

^

I don't think it's too surprising. Some questions just come and go so quickly, there's not too much time to even think.

Also, if everyone were geniuses at this kind of game, that'd sort of sap the fun IMO. I think the difficulty is basically perfect as is.