Kingdom Hearts 2- Rumbling with Trance

Hey everyone. Hitori here (my abbreviated name) with a work-in-progress ReMix that I'd like to be taken a look at. The source is Rowdy Rumble from Kingdom Hearts 2.

It's right here:

stats.png

This isn't even close to done, and I'm definetly working on it more, but I wanted some feedback on where to go, what works, what doesn't, etc. Constructive criticism so as to construct the building that is my song. :D

Happy listening, and please comment! Oh, and ignore the file name... lol.

Well, its seems that this is a WIP, so you posted in the right place! :)

Anyways, that constant 1 or 2 measure drum beat, depending on your BPM, gets waaaaay to repetitive and could use some change up. Maybe just a different tom tom pattern every other measure or at the end of a set of 4 measures. I think some of the leads could be brought forward a bit, maybe just in terms of volumes and maybe some reverb or delay.

For now its kinda repetitive and some parts need to either cut back on or expanded upon. But with some work, it could really take shape.

Thanks for the comments, jabond. I also got some feedback from zircon, and I messed around some more with it. I've got a pretty good idea of how to expand it from here, but I want to hear if what I've got works, and if not, what part of it doesn't.

stats.png

Updated version (6/11/09) above

hmm this needs some work im not really a fan of the lead in the intro the kick is very weak nees some UMPH take out the mid of the kick about ~700db and boost the low end of the kick not too much make sure to compress it and give it a slow release and a fast attack. als its repetitive add some nice ear candy like FX's and sweeps to spice it up more.

Okay, thanks. Just some quick questions... what did you mean by taking out the middle of the kick? What would I use to do so? And I'm still somewhat confused on how to add in fx and sweeps...

I hope I'm not being a bother, just want this to turn out well. :D

lol nah not at all man ima upload some pic's from FL Studio showing ya.