PRC149 - Triagle At Dawn (Half Life 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 149

PRCv6-19

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 4

Total number of votes - 4

Ceal did a strange remix. It didn't work out enough to make it the winning song, he gets five well deserved points and the last place wooden spoon.

Bundeslang survived with 8 points, enough to claim third place.

And the winners of PRC149 are Showroom Dummy and Joystick with 13 points!

Congratulations Showroom Dummy and Joystick, you both did a great job. After three votes, it looked a lot like Showroom Dummy was going to win, but the double vote changed it.

You both may select the source for the next round, PRC150. Both send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Thursday (Earlier as usual), July 2nd at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. That round will be different and longer. If I don't have a source then, I have to start PRC150 myself with a source from me (it's very favourable there are two winners).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before.

I finally created that list where all the PRC rounds are listed (with the winners). The sources in this list aren't allowed to pick if you win PRC (always check it).

I'll try to update the list once in two months or something like that. The list can be found at:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you all next Thursday.

The songs:

Showroom Dummy - Assimilate Me

Bundeslang - Banana Bomb

Ceal - Just A Remix

Joystick - Quarter Life Crisis

We're moving to the 149th edition. After the not so popular PRC148 this round should be better. Binweasel was fast and Just64helpin submitted a good song as well. Only 1 voter decided the winner, and Binweasel was the lucky one.

Binweasel submitted the source very fast. His source is interesting and I hope more people will participate as last round.

PRC149.jpg

Half Life 2 (PC) - Triage at Dawn

MIDI

ThaSauce link

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY June 28th at 3:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

I'm going on vacation from:

3 - 10 july

13 - 27 july

and

31 july - 14 august.

And maybe I can't run it from 17-21 august too.

I don't think I'll be able to run PRC after the next round (149). There are a few options I can do:

1 - I can start PRC150 like usual and make the mixing stage a few weeks longer, voting starts when I come back (27) and the next PRC starts at 30 july, with again a longer mixing stage (voting starts at 14 august and the next round start monday 17 august).

2 - I can start PRC150 like usual and let the voting stage just start (without making the announce post), then the winner should start the next round and so on till 15 august. I can try to keep ThaSauce open so hosting isn't gonna be a problem.

3 - PRC150, PRC151 and PRC152 are going to be organisated by someone else, maybe without using ThaSauce (like the old times).

4 - Stop PRC for some weeks and start it up again at 15 august.

Let me know what you think. Option 3 might be the best, but because it's vacation, I really think option 1 is good as well.

Here's the voting stage

Showroom Dummy was very fast with submitting his song. I decided to enter too, it's a weird mix). In the last days, Ceal and Joystick finished the participation list from this PRC. Joystick's entry may not sound too much like the source, but I decided to 'let it slide'. It's up to the voters to give him points for it or not.

It's time to vote. There isn't gonna be a voting extension and the source from the next PRC must be in Thursday already because I'm leaving Friday for a vacation (like stated in the first post).

Of course, participants are encouraged to vote and they receive the bonus. The winner from the last PRC, Binweasel, has a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Tuesday, June 30th at 11:59 am ThaSauce time, LESS TIME AS USUAL to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC150 which is going to start Thursday. It looks like it's gonna be a three week contest.

The songs:

Showroom Dummy - Assimilate Me

Bundeslang - Banana Bomb

Ceal - Just A Remix

Joystick - Quarter Life Crisis

I created a list where all the PRC rounds are listed. The sources in this list aren't allowed to pick if you win PRC (always check it).

The list can be found at:

It's results time.

4 Songs appeared before the deadline. Including one from Joystick, that song doesn't sound much like the source, but it's in.

It was attractive for the remixers to vote. Bundeslang, Ceal and Joystick claimed the bonus very quick. Binweasel used his double vote as well. Showroom Dummy misses the bonus (but that shouldn't be the main reason for the end results).

Total number of mixes - 4

Total number of votes - 4

Highest possible score - 15

Minimum possible score with voting - 5

Ceal did a strange remix. It didn't work out enough to make it the winning song, he gets five well deserved points and the last place wooden spoon.

Bundeslang survived with 8 points, enough to claim third place.

And the winners of PRC149 are Showroom Dummy and Joystick with 13 points!

Congratulations Showroom Dummy and Joystick, you both did a great job. After three votes, it looked a lot like Showroom Dummy was going to win, but the double vote changed it.

You both may select the source for the next round, PRC150. Both send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Thursday (Earlier as usual), July 2nd at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. That round will be different and longer. If I don't have a source then, I have to start PRC150 myself with a source from me (it's very favourable there are two winners).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before.

I finally created that list where all the PRC rounds are listed (with the winners). The sources in this list aren't allowed to pick if you win PRC (always check it).

I'll try to update the list once in two months or something like that. The list can be found at:

See you all next Thursday.

Nice idea there! I only wish I could tell what the lyrics are

I want to live in your city of order

assimilate me inside of your system.

I want to live.

Nothing too complicated, its just something to go with the melodies, as it is common in electro.

I would also ask for joystick to pick the future song for the next competition, it will make simpler for the others.

Thanks for the votes, i had fun.

Heya everyone, I'm back after being offline for around a week and a half while I was sick.

I like option #1, a longer mixing stage =D

i had been making a mix for PRC148, but never got to finish it or submit what I had, so for anyone who's curious this is what I had:

Click here to listen to setokaibarocket - A Whole New Shade of Disco (PRC148) (WiP v1).mp3

Showroom Dummy:

"I would also ask for joystick to pick the future song for the next competition, it will make simpler for the others."

Hey I'd love to pick the next theme. I have found the theme on you tube...is a link to this okay? If not, am I expected to create a midi track of the theme? It's just that I am a little pressed for time with work so a youtube link would be easier.

Showroom Dummy:

"I would also ask for joystick to pick the future song for the next competition, it will make simpler for the others."

Hey I'd love to pick the next theme. I have found the theme on you tube...is a link to this okay? If not, am I expected to create a midi track of the theme? It's just that I am a little pressed for time with work so a youtube link would be easier.

Both of you must submit a song, both sources are gonna be used and the remixers are free to use one of the songs, or both.

A MID can make remixing a lot easier. Most songs have a MID, so maybe you can find it somewhere. Working with a youtube link only is hard. Remember to pick something from a video game.

And Setokaibarocket, interesting start for what could have been an interesting song.