Mega Man Battle Network 4 Virus Battle ReMix

jabond23

Hello there. I've been working on this remix for a little while now. Its the theme you hear when in a regular virus battle from Mega Man Battle Network 4. I usually have guitars in my mixes, but this doesn't have any. I was going for a different kinda electronic but still epic sound with this one. So i could really use some pointers on this one. Its not at all techno though.

Its right at 4 minutes long and starts out with a techno beat and then transitions into a regular drum beat. Even though i've spent a lot of time on it, and it was meant to be a heavier remix, i think i like where its going. It seems the volume levels on all the instruments are pretty decent but i could be wrong.

Let me know what ya guys think of it. :D

stats.png

Around 1:00 I noticed it not as tight as it could be.

Dunno if it's just my headache or if the thing is a little too compressed.

That alarm-like sound is way too loud and annoying.

Oh screw this. Wip run + headache isn't a good combination. I'll give you better feedback later if I remember and nobody else picks up where I left.

Yeah, i meant to upload the version i did after that one. I changed the one instrument, the "alarm clock" one, and changed some of the notes around to note be so abrasive and right in your face. I also let up on the compression a lot and it seems to be a lot more coherent. I also upped the bpm from 154 to 160 just to give it a more upbeat kinda sound.

http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=227

Also, here's a link to the source:

since i probably should've posted that in the first place. :D

Compression/volume issues - still true.

Instrument coming in around 1:00 seems to be clashing, another clash around 1:15... Alarm rhythm still bothers me. Bass clashes at 1:38.

1:42-2:00 is ok, tho around 2:00 there was something clashing or otherwise weird. That section does give me a pretty weird stressed-out vibe in that you've got something fast and fairly foreground-y in a breakdown.

It's pretty messy overall, no wonder it wasn't working for me with a headache.

Nice ending, tho I'd fix that sustain. Intro is cool to, albeit kind'a mechanical piano.

Production is pretty messy. I'm guessing you have been spending your time writing it rather than mixing it much. You'll want the snare and bass drum to stand out more than the high-range percussion. :P

btw, you could learn a thing or two about synth sounds by listening to Willrock's stuff. He's only got one thing psoted atm iirc, but it's pretty good and uses a lot of blatant and exposed synths, much like you do here. He's got other tracks here on the wip board, a quick search should get you a few.

Cool source, cool remix. I think it works, keep at it. :D

Yeah, this is really my first venture into an all electronic type of mix. I really wanted to add guitars in the pre-writing stages of this mix, but due to problems with my guitar recording equip i couldn't. So i figured i try and write it all on the pc.

I appreciate your comments and i've been spending countless time trying to everything sounding nice. I'm gonna work out those problems you mentioned and see what i end up with.

:)