WIP - Dragon Warrior: Unknown Diversity

Hi, sorry it's been a while. I started a remix of "Unknown World" from the game Dragon Warrior.

Hopefully I didn't ruin it too much...

Try to guess what the diversity is ;)

Feedback welcome as always. Hopefully I'll get to submit this one and not have it sucked up by another project lol.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.kiraoftrance.com/wip/mp3/dw_unknown.mp3

Everything sounds very upfront. You could push some of the tracks into the background more. it also sounds distorted in a bad way.

Ouch, the tambourine! Highs are pretty heavy, sounds over-EQd.

Tempo change was a little too noticeable to work in the middle of it like that imo. Once you get into the dance part the mixing sounds better. Still clipping a little here and there.

Mostly production crits, as those are what bother me the most here. Promising stuff.

btw, not have this sucked up by a project? You know, there _is: a DW project in the works... ;)

Everything sounds very upfront. You could push some of the tracks into the background more. it also sounds distorted in a bad way.

Ouch, the tambourine! Highs are pretty heavy, sounds over-EQd.

Tempo change was a little too noticeable to work in the middle of it like that imo. Once you get into the dance part the mixing sounds better. Still clipping a little here and there.

Mostly production crits, as those are what bother me the most here. Promising stuff.

I think I agree with all these ideas.

At 2:32'= the shift is abrupt.

This sounds like three takes merged into one. At most keep two of the main takes you have going here. At the very least, gradually ease into the transitions.

Keep at it.