*NO* Yoshi's Island 'Dank Dark Caverns' *FT*

Digital Coma

Incidentally, we would have handled this sub as we were going through the inbox today, but Tilde asked me to fall-through this a few days before and the email had a broken link anyway.

Mix Title: Dank Dark Caverns

Artist: Tilde

Game: Yoshi's Island

Submission date: October 14th, 2003

I don't know what's going on here. The bassline is the only derivative element of the original when it wants to be, and its repeating the same five notes when it doesn't. That and a shufflebeat and pads is all thats there until they fadeout (???) to bring in chorals. The percussion and broody minimalist feel is neat, but the mix on the whole really needs some fleshing out.

NO

Interesting mix. I like the style this is going for. But this mix is very incomplete. Minimalistic/ambient mixes are much more complex than what's presented here. Transition points are a little messy here.

For this kind of style you need to include something more than what's sounding like drums/perc, string pad and bass. Lack of instrumentation and layers makes the mix sound very empty. A mix of this nature needs more effects processing, layers and instrumentation. Work on giving this mix some kind of dynamics and direction.

I hope you do more with this. As it stands it just sounds incomplete and lacking.

NO