*NO* Mega Man X5 'The Maverick Revolution'

djpretzel

Gotta watch the release on those chims. They are way too long causing them all to blend in the fast sequences into a mess of sound.

The song started and stopped.. hmm. Could have done without that.

I must say that one part of whats killing this song is how bad the original is.

Percussion is rather lo fi. Could have used some EQing.

Song is decent. Fix all the problems, work on variation, mastering, and general sound quality.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love reverb, you gotta lay off that stuff man. It's bad for your arteries. Everything is blending together, especially with those bell sounds. They're a nice sound; don't drench them in reverb.

Like the others said, this song could use some EQing. It sounds kind of muffled, and there's some clipping going on.

This song is filling up my ears, but not in a good way. Everything sounds really crunched together. Go for a wider sound, and tone back those drums a bit.

I'd also like to see the opening section with the guitar come back in somehow; it would make the mix feel more complete. It sounds like two separate pieces as of now, especially since you've got that pause in there; a more seamless transition would help.

NO for now, but please work on this more. I do like where you're going, and I'd love to hear it when you get there.

I love the style of this. It sounds very japanese with the bells and guitar. This has too much reverb though. I also believe the transition points aren't very smooth. The others have covered the other technical issues I have with this mix.

Not a bad mix, some parts are very nice. It just needs more polishing. I would also suggest that this mix be more cohesive. Several sections sound like different mixes just stuck together. This needs more elements to tie the mix together.

NO