PRC153 - I Believe in Miracles (Alex the Kid in MIracle World)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 153

PRCv6-53

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The 22nd edition from this season is over. It was the first PRC in a long time where one remixer submitted two songs. Jabond23 splitted himself in NintenJoe and Smobaderby and the songs collected 14 together. Joystick couldn't do that, he ended at 10. But, because NintenJoe took 9 points and Smobaderby 5, the 10 points from Joystick are enough for the victory. The source tune from the last round was the title theme from Hocus Pocus.

Joystick didn't spend two days to decide which song gets the honour to be a PRC tune. He decided to go for a Sega Master Game about a kid who lives in a world where things can happen what you don't expect.

Hi, I have chosen the main theme music from Alex Kid in Miracle World as the next source for PRC 153. For those of us that are old enough to remember it was a cool little game that came built into the Sega Master System.

Happy remixing!

PRC153.jpg

Alex Kid in Miracle World (SMS) - Title Theme

MIDI

ThaSauce link

Yes, it's another main theme song (like the last three rounds). But of course it doesn't matter, it's the source himself what's important. This game doesn't have a PRC history, so you can be the first one to win a 'Alex Kid PRC'. I'm exited to find out what miracle this PRC brings us.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY September 20th at 11:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Here's the voting stage

NintenJoe64 was the only one who submitted his song on time. Because nobody else seems to enter, I decided to put a short mix together to make some competition.

It's time to vote. Participants don't have to vote, but they are allowed, NintenJoe64 just have to vote me first then and leave the rest empty.

The winner from the last PRC, Joystick, has a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, September 23th at 11:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

Don't forget that it ends tomorrow already.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC154 which is going to start Thursday.

The songs:

NintenJoe64 - Just KIDDing

Bundeslang - The Bundy Style

It's results time.

In this round, I had to extend two times and I decided to make competition myself. NintenJoe did a real song and was good on time, I just created my song in an hour.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 2 (1 real vote)

Maximum Score - 6

Minimum Score - 5

Bundeslang gets paid much, 5 points for one hour work. It's the last place wooden spoon.

And the winner of PRC153 is NintenJoe64 with 6 points!

Congratulations Jabond23/NintenJoe64, you're the only one who deserve the win. Your song was good and I'm sure you've spend more time on it as me.

It's your first win, after a second and third place in the last round it's now the glory.

NintenJoe64, you may select the next source for PRC154. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, September 25th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

Friday is PRC154 start day, don't miss it.