*NO* Star Ocean: Second Story 'Aqua Tears'

djpretzel

download Aqua Tears here:

Artist: BlueEnvy

Game: Star Ocean The Second Story

Comments: This is a piano arrangement of L'Aqua from Star Ocean 2.

It is new age style, and takes on a similar sound to my piano compositions. It is mainly solo piano, but there are parts where there another piano behind the melody playing a certain pattern.

Also, my first submission to overclocked.

-end comments-

Umm since this is my first submission, you want my bio info right?

I'd appreciate my email not being shown, but the link to my music would be ok. Real name: Nathan. (i dont want to put my last name) Im on the forums as well, so that information can be put up.

So, for Biography:

I compose and play piano/trumpet. A lot of my compositions are new age, but i can write in many styles. I like many types of music as well stretching from Chopin to Steve Reich.

Thats it. Oh, one more thing not to do with the bio. I hope its alright that i have Star Ocean 2 for album (not to mention its called Star Ocean The Second Story. If thats a problem tell me and ill change it. My computer is real slow so it takes me a while to upload my music) I did put www.overclocked.org for the url, so i hope thats ok. Thanks,

BlueEnvy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Borderline NO as well.

I'm not a big fan of the piano sample used. In this setting, there are times when it seems too bright. Coma's comment about plateau development is dead-on. This song goes somewhere in the beginning, gets there, and stays there until the end. A bit boring. I think more attention could be paid to the velocities; either that or use a velocity layered sample that doesn't have such a sharp sound (in texture, not in pitch, kthx).

Decent, to be sure, but I think some more development is warranted here.

WORK ON MORE AND RESUBMIT!!!

Attention paid to velocities is key here. It feels a little too static. I also think this could benefit with help of other instrumentation. I do not think it's strong enough to stand on its own as a solo piano piece. Add a string quartet and this may work. Slightly too much reverb here too.

Nice mix BlueEnvy. Good concept, but this needs more.

NO