Linkage >>

info:

ReMixer: Disciple of the Mix

Title: Pizzaman 2.0

Game: Mega Man

Length: 5 minutes, 2 seconds

Size: 4,730kb

Bitrate: 128 CBR.

Original song(s): Boss select screen (with portions of the ending theme). NSF tracks 1 and 16 respectively

Composers: Chanchacobin M & Yuukichan's Papa

Pretty impressive considering the first version of this song I heard a year ago.

Looks like 'yes' but I'll have to listen more.

Way way better than the original.. but it still has the problem the original had. (Note: by original, I mean v 1.0 of this song)

A. Not too much going on.

B. FL N00b Quality

C. Ugly keys/notation in a few sections.

Very nice improvement, unfortunately our standards went up since :(

NO

• 3 weeks later...

It's rather sparse in the beginning. I think that the bassline could do with being brought up. Most of it sounds very similar to the original with some really well done drums. They're even on square leads and stuff.

Guitar part is neat, and I like the whole minor dissonant section.

All in all, this never fills out in the way it could, and I think it relies more on reverb than voicing than for depth.

NO, but not a lost cause. Work on and resubmit.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, not bad at all.

i think the mixer did a good job with the original, but since the original is only 2 bars long, a mix demands serious liberties to be taken in order for it to be listenable.

as i said, i think the artist does a lot of interesting things, but the song is still quite repetitive, and there arent enough major changes for the mix to stay fresh for 5 minutes.

try a key change, a solo over the bassline, anything to mix it up even more.

NO

I agree with Mad Dog Vigilante, to a point. At around -2:00 there are some serious liberties taken with the little interlude part. Trust be told, I like the sandwich of familiar/understaded - new/overthetop - familiar/understated. Hell, I really like what I'm hearing. It's fresh, alot of it is downright innovative, and it dares to be something more than just Megaman updated, fruity lupz ahoy lolz!!!1!1

YES

• 1 month later...

I am torn. There's quite a lot of great ideas and arrangement here, and then there's some big issues here.

Without the great drumwork, it's very sparse. You have this bass then you have a pad playing very high and a melody up top also. There's a big gap in between. How about adding some denser pads in between? If you want to keep these same ideas, I think you could get rid of a minute or two and focus on the best parts of the mix.

Production, mixing and mastering could be better as well. Some of the sounds are a bit plain. This needs more effects processing. If all else fails, add a little more reverb.

Please fix it up and resubmit, this has potential.

No