Palpable

Contact Information

Remixer: El Pogo8bit

Homepage: www.myspace.com/pogo8bit

UserId: 28245

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: F-Zero

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Silence

After I was Invited to make a song for a GM4A F-Zero Proyect, I decided to change my genre and chose "Silence" because of its slow-soft nature. To keep a bit of rock and break the speed of the song I made a change of rythm at the end of the song. Pretty much time I spend on this song, because of my lack of experience with fusion-jazz music, but im pretty satisfied and happy with the final version of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=fz - 05 "Silence"

[00:44] * Liontamer is listening to El Pogo8bit - Silent Blues [F-Zero Reborn Project] (03:49)

[00:46] <Liontamer> I like the harmonica-like lead, but the bassline and backing instruments seem off-key with the melody for whatever reason. I was also hearing some low-end distortion as well that was crowding up the soundfield.

[00:47] <Liontamer> 2:00-on was basically a rinse and repeat.

[00:47] <Liontamer> Not sure why the percussion was so bland and boring, but that definitely dragged it down, plus the drum sequencing needs some work to sound more realistic.

[00:49] <Liontamer> Hearing the percussion even MORE exposed than usual from 2:34-2:44 was not pleasant.

[00:49] <Liontamer> The arrangement definitely needed something to keep things fresh from 2:00-2:39 with the second verse.

[00:50] <Liontamer> Some guitar stuff came in at 2:53 but sounded too distant IMO, or at least too muddy while being distant. Not a big deal.

Not a bad track, but a ton of things should be improved.

The drum writing was alright for the most part, but the samples were poor and sounded too fake, undermining the energy you were going for. Learning how to get sequenced drums to sound realistic is tough, but not knowing that is signficantly holding your music back. Work on that first, and you'd be in a lot better shape.

NO

Yeah, Larry's channeling my thoughts here. Liked the MELODICA lead a lot, the rest left a lot to be desired though. Drums sounded flimsy and very unrealistic, the guitar was out of tune and the bass was too loud. The arrangement repeated itself too much and you could vary what you have up much more. Sorry man can't go any other way on this one.

NO

I'm just going to echo what the other judges have said, because it really is true: the drums are way too mechanical. Varying the velocities on the hihat and snare especially will help. The mixing suggestions made by AnoSou are also good ideas.

Additionally, the transition to the more rocking part was a bit abrupt, and felt pretty awkward. Keep at i, because your playing and arrangement seem pretty slid but production needs to be improved quite a bit.

no, please resub