ASIO Audio In Problem

Grayburg

I have an e.piano, a fat line-in wire, and a thing that takes one of the fat ends, and converts it into a tip that can fit into the computer.

I connect the piano to the fat wire, and plug that into the thing that asdfs, then stick that into my computer's front pink (also tried the back's blue, which sounds better).

I mash, and I can hear my piano just fine. When I open up FL Studio, it doesn't notice it at all. When I open up the Mixer to select an input for a channel, the options show:

ASIO4ALL v2 - stereo

Not Connected 1 - Not Connected 2

ASIO4ALL v2 - mono

Not Connected 1

Not Connected 2

So, I checked the ASIO panel, and in the Advanced view, I see that the "In: 2x 8-96kHz, 16Bits" has the icon for Unavailable. I RTFM, and it said to check MIDI settings, and replug, reopen, blahblah. It doesn't work.

Help, plz?

I have an e.piano, a fat line-in wire, and a thing that takes one of the fat ends, and converts it into a tip that can fit into the computer.

I connect the piano to the fat wire, and plug that into the thing that asdfs, then stick that into my computer's front pink (also tried the back's blue, which sounds better).

I mash, and I can hear my piano just fine. When I open up FL Studio, it doesn't notice it at all. When I open up the Mixer to select an input for a channel, the options show:

ASIO4ALL v2 - stereo

Not Connected 1 - Not Connected 2

ASIO4ALL v2 - mono

Not Connected 1

Not Connected 2

So, I checked the ASIO panel, and in the Advanced view, I see that the "In: 2x 8-96kHz, 16Bits" has the icon for Unavailable. I RTFM, and it said to check MIDI settings, and replug, reopen, blahblah. It doesn't work.

Help, plz?

Make sure you're not running any other programs that can play sound open.

(Like if you're playing a video or listening to music on your computer.)

Okay, first off (this may sound nubbish) but you're not expecting to record MIDI right? MIDI options have nothing to do with ASIO or the input you're using. Okay, now you're probably like "WTF I know that" but I'm JUST making sure, people I know have said stupider things.

Secondly, have you made sure that your computer recongises the input. I usually get a little window pop up when I plug audio stuff in and I set my input to "microphone", so that the computer knows it's an audio input. I'm not an expert on this by any means (hence the crappy terminology) but I do know how to get that working on my PC.

I could have only FL open, and FL won't hear my piano.

Yeah, I'm not trying to send MIDI information. Just trying to get sound now.

When I plug in the piano, it did show the little pop up, also when I disconnect it, it says it's dc'd, etc.

Also, I noticed in my computer's Sound and Audio Devices Properties > Voice tab > Voice Recording's > Volume..

The different volume levels shown are Recording, Line Volume, Microphone, and Stereo Mix.

My Recording volume is normal, but the other 3 are greyed out.

When recording from the mic inputs use your computers hardware soundcard interface, the input isn't connected to the digital ASIO so it can't use it. That's the way it is with mine anyways, Try switching the settings to your hardware soundcard then choosing an input like "mic in" from the insert drop down. Good luck!