Contact Information

• Your ReMixer name: Tal15man
  • Your real name: Hamza Saleem
  • Your email addres: teqn0b0i@hotmail.com
  • Your website
  • Your userid:

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged: Street Fighter IV

• Name of individual song(s) arranged: Indestructible/Character select screen theme music

• Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site: Composer: Exile (Japanese Band)

• Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: My friends and I play SF4 religiously and one of them said, thinking out loud, that a chill out/ambient remix of the character select screen theme music would be great. I got to working and came up with a remix... I remember being very nervous when I made my friends hear it for the first time, but seeing them enthralled after they heard it was a great confidence boost.

I hope you enjoy my remix and I look forward to seeing this on the website.

Many thanks,

Hamza Saleem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indestructible

Great mood, but this doesn't do enough with it. The same melody line just gets repeated constantly on different instruments, and I kept wishing for something new to take over. Song could have used more dynamics and more detail. The lack of humanization on the leads also hurt, and the guitar synth used later on just didn't sound good. A promising sub, Hamza, but there's a lot of work you could do to improve it.

NO

very cool theme source- and the mood established is really good, but beyond that, it is pretty much on autopilot for the duration. I think an additional section to break it out of the repeat-with-a-new-instrument mode would be really nice. As of right now it's too repetitive.

i'm not as opposed to the guitar sound as Vinnie is- it's pretty cheapy, but it was well layered with other instruments. Beyond that, I think that the arrangement is the real issue here.

Sorry dude. :-(

no

Agreed, the sequencing was too mechanical. At least there were several instrumental changes in the attempt to keep things evolving, but the song was dynamically flat and each section managed to overstay its welcome anyway, IMO.

I also would have liked to have heard more interpretation of the actual source melody; what's here does slow it down and change the mood, but the melody was otherwise played the same no matter what instruments were being used. The last section with the bells was probably the most creative take on the theme.

A lot of fat could have been trimmed off this one and replaced with additional substance. You did alter the mood and try to personalize this take on the theme, but it still needed further development.

NO