PRC160 - Battle with or without Paladins (Paladin's Quest)

Bundeslang

Welcome to A New Season from PRC

The People's Remix Competition 160

PRCv7-04

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC159 is over. In the last round three remixers submitted a song. All of them where very good and the votes wheren't all the same. At the end, the fact that Showroom Dummy has a vote that counts twice makes the difference, otherwhise we would have three sources. That didn't happen (of course it's not only that vote which decided), so Divinewrath was the only one who selected a source for PRC160.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

The classic of this round is PRC110. This PRC happened exactly two years ago (and that's the reason why I selected it). It wasn't the biggest PRC ever, only two remixers entered. Hylian Lemon and Chickenwarlord challenged against each other in a PRC which had Castlevania DoS - Village as source. Hylian Lemon received 7 points, Chickenwarlord 5. Hylian Lemon's song was called Lacking Light. You can check the details at ThaSauce.

This rounds source

This round, Dinewrath has selected the source.

This song's from paladin's quest. i guess you could call it battle... on vg music the song is labeled as Lennus_Battle_Xg.

sorry its a tad late, but i think everyone will enjoy this."

PRC160.jpg

Paladin's Quest (SNES) - Lennus Battle

MIDI

ThaSauce link

It's not Castlevania, but Paladin's Quest. This game doesn't have a PRC history, so it's good to see this game. I don't know the game, but I've read it's a RPG game for the Super Nintendo. Not even an OC Remix has been submitted till today. This is a very remix-unpopulair game. PRC is created to do something with that.

You have one day extra to finish the song.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY December 28th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

• 2 weeks later...
I tried my hand at this but I got stuck pretty early on, I hope other remixers have better luck heh.

I kinda had the same problem. It's not the easiest track to remix. Still, this is DW's first win, and I'd hate for him to go remixless. I'm trying but my mix seems to be failing hard, so in the end I might just give up and hope for the best.

Anyway, best of luck to the other remixers giving it a go. And Divinewrath, don't forget to do your midi source for ORC (PM it to doulifeé by january 1st)

If I don't enter this, I'll definitey enter your ORC =)

The winner of PRC160 is S|r Nuts with x points

It looks like christmas takes everyone busy, like most years (or the source is just to dificult). I don't think extending again will help, I also get in trouble with the planning then. This means that S|r Nuts may select the next source.

S|r Nuts, send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, January 1st at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you next year (don't hurt yourself with fireworks).