Zero's Bizarre Manga Giveaway Contest

Level 99

My buddy Zero-Shift from the NiGHTSintoDreams.com forums is doing a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure contest. For anyone who's got an interest in winning some Manga, can draw, and be a little creative, you should definitely check it out. Here's a good chunk of his OP, which you can find in full here:

"You know what? I love giving things away. I think it's fun, especially this time of year. You know what else I love? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It's a contender for my favorite manga of all time and I think it's criminal how little it's known here in the US which has prompted this contest. What's at stake? What are the rules? Read below.

The Contest

Design your own stand and draw yourself with it. At contests end, the best submission will be selected and the creator wins the entire collection of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga that has been released in the US thus far. Runner-ups will get the first volume.

What's a Stand?

A Stand is a supernatural ability in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. In a nutshell, it's like a physical manifestation or a person's spirit and they all have unique abilities and appearances. For more detail check the link below and go to the "Stand section at the bottom of the page. For whatever reason I can't link directly to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jojo's_Bizarre_Adventure

You can also search JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Youtube to see some vids of Stands in action. "vs Dio" seems to get good results. You can also Google names of some of the listed Stands to see references.

The Rules

-Create a Stand and draw a picture of yourself with it.

-Describe your Stand's abilities in the image description

-Give your Stand a name. Stands are named after bands, albums, songs, or any other kind of music reference.

-Though Stands are typically humanoid in appearance they can technically look like almost anything so there are no limits to what your Stand can look like.

-Pictures will be judged primarily on originality of the look and ability of the Stand as well as the overall quality of the illustration.

The Prize

-The winner gets: Volumes 1-13 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as localized and published by Viz media under the Shonen Jump Advanced line.

-The first six runner-ups get: Volume 1 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as localized and published by Viz media under the Shonen Jump Advanced line.

-After a winner is picked, prizes will be mailed out as soon as possible. All expenses including shipping will be paid for by me.

The Deadline

-Just upload your submission to a gallery somewhere and send me a message with the link.

-The deadline is New Years Day for now. It may be slightly extended if enough people express interest but need a bit more time."

There haven't been too many entries yet, so you've got a good chance at winning something out of it. Good luck and have fun!