*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Time's Burden'

djpretzel

DJ Alias: Toxic Soul

Song Title: Time's Burden (Chrono Trigger - Time's Burden OC Remix)

It's an ambient remix of the battle theme. Arg. I'm sorry for sending so many of these...

For some reason, tripod removes ID tags as well as the first bunch of letters from the filename. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Toxic Soul

wow, such a CT intro feel.

Hey!!!! Someone who knows how to drum.

Good good! Keep going. Dont suck!!!

1:20 still good!! Nothing sucks yet1!!11

Ah, battle theme.

Very minimal with a good feel.

Bleh..

song didn't go anywhere. No build, nothing but simple loops and minimal orchestration. You must present more to get my yes.

NO

The opening vibes sample is too synthetic to be pleasingly realistic, and too real(ish) to be a decent synth sample. It gives off a serious GM MIDI vibe (yay pun for me). Drums sort of just...exist.....they don't really enhance the mood or express anything. Real flat.

The arrangement here is very minimalistic and seems to depend on its atmosphere to carry it along, which unfortunately doesn't work too well, as the samples are dry and lack any dynamic contrast. This sounds to me like the opening screen of an old Apogee DOS game with slightly better samples. The notes are right, they fit, etc, but the whole piece doesn't seem coherent enough to qualify it as a high quality arrangement. The melody clashes with the harmony during the main melody iterations, I think I'm hearing a major melody trying to fit over minor chords with the chorus.

Then, it just fades out. Let's hear a distinct, energetic chorus, or a slick groove that can carry the whole tune through it's (excrutiatingly) long 5 minutes. The mixing basics are fine, good attention to dsp and clarity with instrumentation, but I can't help but feel like you're holding back. Fill 'er up, n' GIT 'ER DUN.

NO

-D