*NO* Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 'Requiem to Death'

djpretzel

(Personal details removed)

But anyways, enough of my problems. I'm sure we all have enough to start with. But thanks anyways for reading this. Opening to someone feels always good, and maybe by this way I'll even start feeling better bit by bit.

Anyways, about the song. First of all I should mention that Disco Dan has been helping around this song, so it naturally sounds better than my previous stuff. Also, I've been using Fruity Loops so the soundfonts what I've used sound way better than before.

Ok, so, I've basically chosen two tunes from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and remixed them in one song. The first song I believe is called "Requiem For The Gods". I haven't really used it much, but I think it sounds nice on the beginning. Right after "Requiem For The Gods" the song gets into its full rights. The 2nd what I've chosen is called "Lost Paintings", the song consists mostly of that one. I've been using a piano and a harpsichord soundfont on this song. That is all.

Thank you for your time

-David "ms0k" Spalding

Whats with the life story dude? Hope you're not trying to draw sentiment from us before we review. Tha'da be uncool.

As for the song, though its well played, the sample quality is kinda low. Song is rather simple as well. Doesn't ever realy build up. Its like an ambient piano piece.

With better piano quality, or instead with better instrumentation I'd have gone with yes, but with neither its

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, what's wrong with the strings? Are they broken? The way they release doesn't sound natural at all... As has already been noted, sound quality is a little lacking, although I'm not sure why. This is encoded at 160kbps, so it shouldn't have that nasty hiss throughout the entire song... Yet there's the hiss.

I kind of like the arrangement, although some sections of it don't fit with the general flow and come off sounding forced, such as the chunk at 1:54, which I'm guessing has something to do with the unison. Could just be me getting thrown off, I don't know, but that part in specific didn't seem to fit into the style. I know it was in the original, but... I also have one major issue with the arrangement: it almost seems like it's just the original, except slower. Essentially, to me, the arrangement came off as sounding incredibly boring. I really don't know what to suggest to remedy the problem, but inclusion of maybe more instruments to fill up some of the excess would help. Empty space is important in arrangements like this, but it seems like there's just too much here.

This one's kind of close with me, I think. Improve the sound quality (why is it hissing?) and throw in a little more variety or something to keep things interesting, and it's as good as YESed. Until then...

NO

Hmm...

The piano is pretty good in my opinion, but the sound quality is poop. Poop, I say! What's up with the hissing? :(

Like BD mentioned, the strings are unnatural sounding. Also, harpsichord shouldn't have varying velocities. The harpsichord always has a constant velocity; that's part of the reason the pianoforte was invented.

Do more things than just doubling the melody in two instruments. First it was the strings, and then it was the harpsichord. How about some harmony?

NO