Goonies 2 - I'm Taking It All Back

!Nekko!

Here's a remix I'm working of a song from Goonies 2 on the NES. The source can be found on Track 0004 in the NSF file and is also used on this site: http://enteryourname.ytmnd.com/.

The challenge with this song is that the source music is very short and simple, so I've been putting a lot of effort into adding variety through some of the instruments, drum beat, and composition.

The song is a mix of drum and bass music along with pop and ambient rock. If you have any suggestions of songs of a similar style, I'd love to listen to them for some ideas.

Any advice on what this song is missing or what can be improved is greatly appreciated.

- Also, listen to it while watching my sig for added effect.

Version as of 1/17/2010 - img.php?fid=650

I was all ready to give you some advice and then :36 came in and I was like "ok he definitely knows what he's doing" haha.

This is good stuff. My only issue is the source is so short that a full blown arrangement of it might be stretching what you have really thin. I think you did as much as you could possibly do from it, though, and there is certainly stuff with as short source material on OCR right now.

That's the only complaint I have, though. Awesome work!

The intro is one of the things I struggle most with. I want to pay homage to the song I borrow from, but still maintain some depth and flow into the main part of the song. It's definitely something I want to improve on.

I was also definitely aware of the challenge of using the short origin. On one hand, there's not a lot of material to go by, but on the other hand, it make it a lot easier to be creative with it. I try to avoid sounding too repetitive through the song, so I put a lot of attention into fleshing out the melody along with adding variety to the other instruments (whether I did that is up to the listener).

Thanks for the advice!