www.imaginaryfilmclub.com

ID: 30613

Mega Man 1987

Gutsman Stage

Enjoy!

- Ruphy

------------------------------------------------------------

Mega Man - "Gutsman Stage"

I'm probably more down with this weird stuff than the other judges, and could actually see this on the site if it were subbed 8-10 years ago.

Well, I get that you're going for something sonically unique. It's certainly a minimalist take that's heavy on odd sounds & textures. But that doesn't exempt the track from being underdeveloped overall. If the melodic writing didn't sound so atonal for portions of the track, and the textures were fleshed out further, this could have a shot as something decidedly different than what we get.

See if you can add a bit more substance to this one, Drew. It was at least interesting for being odd.

NO

Not much to say here. The arrangement needs to be fleshed out more to be a passable arrangement. Using more than 1-2 instruments would probably help a lot ;) The "voice" was so low pitched it seemed more atonal than it could've, it didn't think it worked at all. The textures, while unique, aren't very sophisticated and can't carry the track on their own. The ending is also extremely abrupt.

NO

definitely an interesting listen, with some cool ideas, but yeah, it is harshely underdeveloped, and lacks cohesion. The first step to improve this would be to add some additional instruments; maybe some pads to give a legato backing field for all of the textures to inhabit.

Keeping some dedicated percussion throughout would also help this gel, and a proper ending is never a bad idea. :-)

no