*NO* Kirby's Dream Land 3 'Clean Rag'

djpretzel

djpretzel,

Here's a remix of the level 1 stage 4 music from Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SNES). It's a great little game that's often overlooked because it's too "kiddie", even despite the fact that it's one of the few platform games ever made with co-op built in. I chose it for a couple of reasons: the first being the lack of remixes for the Kirby series on your site , and the second being the perfect adaptability of the melody to the piano.

As the title suggests, I took a slightly rag-style approach, which means I went pretty easy on the instruments and effects aside from some drums and a bassline. While the comparatively lonely sound of the piano banging away may displease some, I felt it was the best way to maintain the cheerfulness and pep of the original while staying true to my goal. Anyway, here's a link to the song:

If you accept it, credit it to Moose Jr. If not, C&C would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Moose Jr.

This is not bad. There's several problems that put this mix below the bar of OCR.

As others have said everything is too mechanical. There's very little expression. It's repetitive and every section almost sounds the same. More arrangement, expansion would help this mix quite a bit.

Also more attention paid to production is needed. Piano should be a bit more present. Samples here are very average. If you can use soundfonts, try getting higher soundfonts at www.hammersound.net

Fun mix. Keep working at it.

NO