My Originals: Looking for Critique

I'm quite new to using FL studio, but I've started making my own tracks that I want to create my own "video game like" soundtrack out of.

I've tried to get listeners and help elsewhere, but that simply didn't work xD;

I'd love some advice <3

One I recently made (video may still be processing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfTj7XWCYbU

Sorry that I can't comment on the whole song - my internet is crapping out, right now, so I only have the first minute.

I like the choir sound in the beginning - it seems to be preparing me for something. What, I don't know, but something. Unfortunately, it never gets there because my internet craps out... not your fault. :lol:

Alright, when those guitars come in, they're quite piercing, and they cause the sound to clip. You've gotta work on the volumes, there, to balance it out. Fortunately, these two problems can be fixed at the same time by lowing the volumes of the guitars. Do that.

The drums sound weak. In fact, they really don't need to be there, for an ambient piece like this one. I'd get rid of 'em... Remember, can't hear more than a minute, so take this with a grain of salt.

I like that shimmering sound you throw in there periodically (like at 0:28)... it sounds strangely fitting.

Sorry I can't get into too much detail with this one, but it doesn't sound bad, at all. I like the atmosphere you created with it. You've got some work ahead of you, production-wise, but it's not bad for a start. Good luck.

Wow. Let me start off by saying that what you've got here is really good, at least to my untrained ears - I could easily see this working well in a wide variety of video game genres.

I'm going to partially disagree with Gario while partially agreeing, at least as far as the drums go - I wouldn't completely remove them, since they seem to lead into your section around 2:30 (yes, yes, Gario, I know, you said you only had the first minute :-P) pretty well. But I would suggest maybe a gradual build of the drums instead - maybe start them out quieter and then build to the level you desire for the point mid-song. I'm sure everyone else will disagree with me on that, though. :-)

Oh, and I do agree with him on the guitars.

Mmm... not much more I can say beyond that. Good luck - I definitely like what you've got so far.

Thank you Gario, I wish you could have listened to more than the first minute, so you could hear everything else I added to it x3; I'm glad you noticed the shimmery sound, I was really happy when I added that in there, I loved what it did to the song.

And Malbu, your ears can't be untrained, you I -really like- the ideas you gave in your post.

So I've taken everything into consideration, and yeah, I think... instead of getting rid of the drums (at least in the beginning) I'm going to work on them and have them gradually lead up to the main riffs at about 2:30.

And I definitely need to tune the harp down xD

I noticed it did cause a lot of sound clip in a lot of spots actually, and the strings that come in as soon as the song starts seem to almost completely fade away when the rest of the song starts. And I don't want that, so I need to adjust volumes for sure.

You two just helped me a lot, I hope you know :P