Faxanadu Remix

DjjD

I know I mentioned this remix some time ago, in #ocrwip however, it's been a while. I have forgotten just what exactly people were telling me to fix...or what would sound better, so...I've decided to just post it here and...see how that goes. I now have a bit of time on my hands so...hopefully I can finish this and make it sound as good as possible.

Anyway, this is a remix of

from Faxanadu.

Enjoy!

stats.png

Well, you need to change the levels to even out the balance a bit, work on the transition between parts, fill out the empty sections more (especially those with just drums lead and bass, which can be okay if done right and used sparsely... but you use it a lot). It also feels a bit aimless; towards the end it was as if it had reached its high point and was fading out - but I didn't notice any high point. Soundwise a it sounds like oldskool cutnpaste breakbeat loops mixed with chippy synths, which is a weird combination, and it'll take some balancing to make it really work imo.

Takes a while for me to recognize the source, not sure if the intro is derived from source (and if it's not, it should at least contain some references to source). The sound design in the intro was, imo, the most interesting and balanced, tho it doesn't have much mids. When the source is undoubtedly there, it follows the progression of the original very closely.

Needs mids, maybe more source, and definitely something to build to. Can't call it good yet, but it can be, and it certainly is interesting.