Please help anybody at all who uses FL or anything

Okay so I have been trying to figure it out but I just can't. Adam from Owlcity does some crazy stuff. I love how his music sounds. I want to try to make some stuff like that but I just can't seem to figure out what he uses. I hear some types of arps and stuff? Reverb and what not? I think...but I can't seem to figure out on FL studio what I should use or how I should go about this. ANYBODY please help? http://www.myspace.com/owlcity there is a link to his music if you have not heard it before. PLEASE help. I didn't know where else I should post this. I use FL studio 9. I would appreciate any help I could get. Even on maybe making custom arps or anything.

You need to take a step back and relax for a minute okay? It sounds from the post like you decided today that you want to make music so you went and got the first DAW you could find and tried instantly to make music equal to that of your favourite band.

This is not a plan for success.

Music takes patience, a lot of patience, don't go into this planning to be pumping out Owl City tracks next week. Take your time and begin to learn a little at a time, start out with smaller more achievable goals. Start to learn, then come back and ask when you have a specific question regarding something SPECIFIC that you're having trouble with.

Yeah, pretty much just try making test songs, trying out different things each time, slowly getting your know-how of the program up to par (lol, the first song I ever made on FL was called "Testy Trial", because that's what it was. That experiment was "how do I make notes?").

This is not a fast thing, though I deluded myself into thinking that when I was younger.

Slowly go about learning your DAW, and then things become clear one by one.

No I know HOW to use it. I just want to know the basics of what is going ON in his songs. It's crazy. Really technical. Idk if he uses crazy arps it sounds like but idk. I wanna know what kind of pads and stuf would be good and what kind of synths should be used. Kind of effect wise etc. I'm not good with identifying. I make stuff like this www.myspace.com/apostmoderncliche but yeah. and i wouldnt say hes my favorite. i just like his style a lot.

Listened to a little of Owl City demos on his (teribly cluttered ie idiotic) myspace page. None of what I heard seems particularly revolutionary. Seems like his arps and pads are mostly real instruments (edit: samples) that are just processed. I'd say he's using the timbre of some clicky instrument for his arps, and a filtered organ for one of his pads.

Experiment with sound design, do things you're not "supposed" to do with instruments. Put the wrong effect on the wrong instrument, filter the instrument the wrong way, cut a normally long sample short, layer noises with instrument sounds, use drums like they're chromatic percussion, etc... see what results you get.

Also, his stuff sounds better because it's mixed well, with volumes, eq, spacing/distancing... Learn that too. :P