Yay, another ASIO Driver issue...

Okay, I know very little about the technical side of audio drivers 'n' all that but hear me out.

So I have this nice new PC running Windows 7, I install FL, realise it's set to the Primary Sound Driver, not good, lots of underruns, I switch to ASIO, no sound coming from FL. On my laptop, when the ASIO drivers are active I get no Windows sounds so I assume it disables the Primary Sound Driver automatically. On my Windows 7 PC I can still hear all the Windows sounds plus anything else I want to run even when ASIO is running. I had an idea that disabling the main drivers manually would work but that just mutes EVERYTHING. I think I need to set the ASIO drivers to override the others, but how do I do that? I've clicked EVERYTHING in FL!!!

Is there anything I can do here? Please help!

I assume you're using Asio4All, rather than actual ASIO drivers for your card.

Basically, Asio4All requires exclusive access to your sound card (nothing else using it) to operate. Make sure you close anything else that is using that sound card before you open FL (youtube usually catches me out :)).

For some reason, ever since I upgraded to Windows 7, it'll just randomly fail to get exclusive even when nothing else is using the sound. This sounds like what you experienced - you can usually poke it into behaving again by opening FL, switching to a difference soundcard (or unchecking the little check box next to the one you use) in the ASIO config, closing FL, opening FL again, and re-enabling. I have NO idea why this works, it makes no sense, but then ASIO4ALL is basically a hack anyway, so it's to be expected that it has a few quirks.