*NO* DuckTales 'Memories of the Moon'

djpretzel

this is pretty close, but i agree with analoq. the arrangement is unspectacular, although it's by no means bad. it sounds better than my first mix, but it doesnt take any risks, it's just too straightforward. sounds like something you'd hear on an airplane while you watched the video about how to buckle a seatbelt and use your cushion as a floatation device (Place the small metal flap into the buckle, pulling the end of the belt until it is snug/remove the cushion from the seat and hug against your body, putting both arms through the loops, respectively).

NO

Sugar content Code Magenta

I think I told Iggy not to submit this; it's a technically sound but very boring arrangement of the most remixed tune from Duck Tales. Still way too many reverse cymbal transitions and not enough original interpretation. What's original sounds flat and forced, like the flute and piano parts. Sound quality is good, although there's not enough mid-low tone for my liking. Ending cuts off.

NO

This is pretty cool, and definitely a very nice first submission to OC. There's really nothing wrong here, but nothing that stands out either. A more daring or unique arrangement would have been more interesting. I also agree that there's not enough bottom frequencies.

There's also a lot in this mix that could have been cut out, it tends to drag on and by the end it's quite repetitive. I also think the reverb here is insanely large. A mix of this nature, in my opinion should be much more intimate. Also, the ending just cuts off.

My favorite sections are the beginning with the musicbox/chromatic bell.

Very close to a yes, borderline NO.