FFVIII Premonition

Anti-Syne

My latest remix I've been working on, and it is indeed another FFVIII track (I've been playing through it again recently so i'm a bit addicted to its music)

Upoaded through tindeck this time because soundcloud seem to be pretty pants.

Let me know what you think, it also has a bit of The Landing in there.

Thanks!

(oh and the source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUu2olqwZ8s)

stats.png

Interesting stuff. :D

Some weird distortion, possibly some clipping but sounds more like weirdly processed stuff. It could probably work, but might need to be mixed more clearly.

For most part I hear bass drum, clap, and a lead mono synth, sometimes a bass/used as a bass, and stuff in the background. These drown out everything else, you should balance stuff more. Some really cool stuff going on elsewhere in the track, so don't drown that stuff out. You should dial back on the compression to give them all some more room. Use EQ to give each the instruments their own space in the frequency range.

No comment on source, because I'm lazy. Also, I'm really not familiar with FF8's music so I'd have to learn the track before commenting on interpretation.

Interesting stuff. :D

Some weird distortion, possibly some clipping but sounds more like weirdly processed stuff. It could probably work, but might need to be mixed more clearly.

Hey, thanks for the feedback, yeah i wanted some weird effects to give it a bit of a twisted feel. It hasn't really been mixed yet so i'll have to get back onto that and give everything its own space in the mix.

If anyone out there in forumland does know the source I would be very grateful for some feedback on my arrangement, or again the mix in general.

Edit: Oh and look at that! I have a thing under my name now! (noob excitement ahoy)