Skull Kid's Lament

Hey all, another noob here (actually an old-timer but I haven't been around lately). Thought I'd share a little mix I've been working on lately. Basically, a dance/techno mash-up of various themes from Zelda MM and OoT. I won't get into too much detail because it's still very much a WIP, but some general feedback and criticism would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Click here to listen to majora_3.mp3

Main problem here is production. The arrangment sounds ok for the first two thirds, then gets into clashes and medley-itis. Source is definitely there and is imo interpretive enough.

Find some good reference mixes and mix accordingly. Feels like this one doesn't have much bass which doesn't really work for this style and genre. Do you have a mixinf setup that lets you hear the lows well? If you don't, you're gonna have problems cleaning it up. The lows that are there are pretty muddy, the bass drum doesn't have bass enough... Pick some similar songs, be they remixes or whatever, well mixed, listen and compare, then fix what sounds wrong in yours. Good luck. :D

btw this reminds me I should pick up my MM remix and sub it.

• 2 months later...