Liontamer

ReMixer Name: DJ Deville

Email: cadillacmatt@satx.rr.com

UserID: 31721

Game: Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Original Track: Dracula's Castle

Remix Title: Alucard's Awakening

Hey guys,

I recently finished an electropop remix of "Dracula's Castle" I've been working on for the past couple weeks... hope it serves as a valuable OCRemix! This game has to be one of my favorite over the years... and the soundtrack is absolutely one of the best. I've recently taken a break from producing hip-hop beats and went back to my roots in electronica/VGmusic and I had a lot of fun doing this track.

Thanks!

-Matt (DJ Deville)

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qh_uhV0ta0

The voice clips were tacky as hell, but they're there for pure cheese, so I can live with 'em, though they could be better integrated into the soundscape.

Arrangement-wise, there were some decent ideas here. Texturally, however, this was too sparse, and a lot of the electrosynth work sounded generic and bland. With more meat on the bones, it could be a contender, but it would take a LOT of work to adequately flesh this out and upgrade some of the cornier sounds. And that's the short and sweet of it.

NO

My favorite track from one of my favorite soundtracks? You've got my attention. :-)

This seems really quiet, with a ton of extra headroom. Might want to normalize it. The arrangement throughout was pretty good, but Larry is dead on in saying that things sound really sparse, and some of the samples aren't doing the job. The bass sounds really weaksauce, though it cuts pretty well, so you might want to double it up with something with a bigger bottom. Percussion could also use a boost in the power department, and maybe adding some pads to fill out the back would help glue this all together. I did appreciate the harpsichord in there, and the vocals were really cheesy, but they did the job well enough. The fadeout wasn't the best choice, but it'd work if you can't think of a proper ending. Regardless, take a closer look at filling out the sounds. :-)

no, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah writing-wise, I'm liking this. It's got a catchy sound, good original writing, and the arrangement is engaging. The samples singlehandedly bring this down, from the strings that don't cut through, to the weak clap snare (maybe layer that with something else). I'd say most of the instruments sound too thin here, which really hurts this. I think collectively we've given you a clear direction on how to improve this, so please have at it.

NO