Hey im new and I have a remix!

jb5o4

Hey guys lemme introduce myself first, my name is Johnny. im new on this forum and kinda new on mixing as well. I remixed a song called Besaid Island from final fantasy x-2. I need some feedback on it, check it out! =]

In all honesty, I wasn't very impressed, at first I thought it might be going somewhere but then it became clear it was just a instrument swap with a very repetitious drum beat. I'd suggest going back to the sorce and tinkering with it some more.

Also a minute and a half isn't great, try to make it longer. If you ever want to try to submit this to the judges you need at least 2 minutes of music. Good luck and keep us updated ;-)

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the site! I'm VERY new myself to it all, and basically practice makes perfect! Don't give up

Welcome aboard sir and glad to have you!

I gotta say, its a start. Maybe not a strong one, but its good to see people even trying their hand at music making. Anyways, it seems like you spent a little time on this. That constant drum beat gets kinda old, but that's easy to improve on. Try changing up the beat and/or using a different snare. Nothing really seems too bright right now. I think that if you added some slight reverb and very slight delay to the lead synth as well as tweaking th EQ on the higher end would bring that out more. Than maybe adjust the lows on the EQ for the drum track to help make it a little more punchy would make a difference. I also don't hear a bass track, but for the kind of remix this is, it isn't totally necessary. I would still strongly consider writing one though.

When writing a track, you have to make sure you think of all the instruments. Make sure you've got a good soundscape, meaning everything is spread out across the speakers and that nothing overpowers any other instrument.

Its a decent start, but in due time you could make this into a good mix.