DKC3 "Game Over"

Anorax

Mmm... short and sweet, alright. I like the light sound of it, personally. It's quite repetitive, but I'm assuming that the source is very short, so that may just be the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

Doesn't make it any less pretty, though.

Thank you.The source is rediculously short, only 30 seconds or so.I could've made it longer, but would've used a different style if i did so.Also, i'm thinking about removing the harp filler right before the ending.But Thanks anyway!

Your sound choices are nice but they seem like really low quality samples, which bogs down the mix a little bit. The arrangement is also very conservative and repetitive, which makes it not very suitable for OCR.

That said, I think from a listener's standpoint this is your most enjoyable mix yet. It's soothing and there's some nice countermelodies involved, everything is in time and there's not any terrible dissonance, so good job on the improvement!

Oh, I like this! Great variations. It starts to feel a bit empty though, especially at the beginning when it's first building up. I think strings and a choir would sound absolutely epic. Maybe have a climax with distorted guitar shredding the main melody plus epic drums? if you're up to it, that'd be amazing. ;]

And I agree, the MIDI instruments are a little low quality on some of them. However I don't think that'd be much of a problem with more layers..

True, the sound samples are weak and low in quality. I understand that.

The only problem (Well, maybe NOT a problem, but who knows...) is that I'm using MixCraft 5. hahaha. Screwing around with the VST effects are not the best idea, but look where that got me. Also, I decided not to do any deeper instuments, such as guitars or drums, because I needed a "practice" remix to work with, and so I decided to stay similar to the original track in style and instruments. Although, a choir layer would work, and so would strings, but I decided to keep it short, and not so deep.

Like I said, this was a "practice run", so I don't think I'll add much more to it... Maybe I will, sometime later. I'll think it through.

Oh hey! I use Mixcraft 5 as well. I love that program. I record guitar for almost all my music, and I have a really good realistic drum VST.. maybe we could collab? I think that'd be awesome! xD

I'll send you some of my stuff if you want to hear the quality. I have a thread in this forum too.