DKC "Aquatic Ambiance" Remix

Hey, guys, what's up? This is my first post, and I kind of stumbled upon OC while searching for a VGM-related site. I did an impromptu remix of this track from DKC (after being inspired while doing my nth run-through of the game on a rainy Saturday), and I was looking for some feedback on it.

The Track: I've only sampled those pads from the introduction, and all the other parts are either re-instrumented transcriptions or original material. Those familiar with the song should be able to discern between the two. Everything on the track is some sort of electronic sample.

The piece moves from a direct quote of source material a becomes increasingly "far-out", before returning to more source-related material.

Feedback I would love:

--Production: (Clarity, Quality of sampling, Dynamics)

--Form: (Organization of sections and progression through piece)

--Original Elements: (Drum programming, relationship of original material and source material)

Link: Aquatic Ambiance Remix

Thanks, everyone. I look forward to some more uploads.

---WD

Some drum levels in the fills seem out of balance, a weak splash cymbal feels like the worst offender. The placement of some fills seems a bit off, fills work best when they lead into something, not when they're in the middle of something. Crazy awesome drum stuff in here. :D The weird percussion thing at the end is not as awesome.

In sampling the pads you've also gotten at least two more instruments. You definitely have what it takes to craft your own appropriate pad for the track, I suggest you do that if you're aiming on getting this posted on ocremix. You'll have control control over the parts that way too, can use the backing melody where you want, can change the chords, can avoid or utilize the thing that pitch slide thing.

The original material felt like the remix suddenly had transitioned to Angel's Fear from the Mana series. Not what happened, but it does feel out of place. Some adaptation of the source, or a different source from the DKC series would probably feel more appropriate. The following original melody thing feels more tied to source, but there the sampled backing melody clashes with some of your added material.

You have an exciting progression with lots of dynamics and crazy awesome drums. Cool stuff. :D