*NO* Super Mario Bros. & Kirby's Block Ball 'The Spring of Day' *FT*

GrayLightning

Emperor sent this in late april and hasn't heard about it so he's asking for a FallThrough. - Gray

This tune is a Mario / Kirby medley. Three songs were mixed here: Level 1 from Kirby's Block Ball, and tracks 1 and 3 from Super Mario Bros.

I hope you'll like it.

Source Material:

http://www.geocities.com/emperorgreat/Kbblvl01.mid

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/smb1.zip

-Emperor

There's really not much for me to say on this one, because I can't offer much advice. The rearrangement is already excellent. It's just that the delivery is incredibly flat to me. The intensity of the piece never changes much from section to section. Small point: at 3:22 when the strings made their resolution, you really here one last MIDI string exposed and it doesn't sound good.

There's so much reverb that for the first 1:34, a lot of supporting elements, primarily a horn, are in the back and washed out. At 2:15, you hear more things happening once the drums get going, but in effect none of the dynamics changed. I'd hope there's a way to reanalyze the mastering to keep the style here of letting the melodic notes flow smoothly from one to the next while allowing everything here to sound more grandiose and natural like it's obviously supposed to.

NO

Arrangement is pretty strong, and quite varied; however, I have to agree that the execution is severely lacking. This piece fills up my ears with reverbed strings; everything is meshed together so tightly its hard to make sense of what's happening sometimes. Its just like a wall of string sound coming at you.

Think about how your samples interact with eachother (not just the violin, but the violin sample); samples need to be treated as instruments on their own, not as the instruments they represent. This is the essence of making the most out of your samples.

Cool concept, lacking execution. NO, for now.