Wedding March

The back-story: my fiancée (soon to be wife) hates the traditional bridal march (commonly known as "Here Comes the Bride"), and decided that she'd like me to write something for her to walk down the aisle to. We agreed on 56 bpm, 1 minute duration plus or minus 15 seconds, and the rest is up to me. The deadline is in two weeks, which is why I've marked this project under "Mod Review." I apologize if this is seen as abuse of the system, but since I'm under such a tight deadline (it feels like a huge rush for me anyway), I hope this is okay.

Now, on to the song: I used Cannon in D as my starting point, but walked the bass line down to give the chords a different flavor. Turns out that I rediscovered a chord progression prominently used in Final Fantasy. However, the song departs from this in the second half, hopefully making it sound more "original" than "remix."

I'll let you be the judge though. Any and all input would be appreciated, from arrangement to production. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone I know, so... better to do it here first and put whatever feedback I can get to good use in the time that I have.

Here's what I've got:

http://www.davidmatics.com/music/AshleysSongv2.mp3

Thanks for taking a listen-- I really appreciate it!

It's a very charming arrangement, I've listened to it a few times and I don't have any qualms with production or arrangement. I think your bride-to-be and everyone else there will be quite satisfied with this :-)

The only thing that I can think of is... extend the sustain on the final note so it doesn't cut off so quickly. Otherwise? It sounds good to me, haha. I love the Final Fantasy homage :-)

Congratulations!