Know anything about MidiNES?

I'm really close to purchasing a copy of MidiNES, but I'm wanting to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm wanting to make chiptunes, and I like the idea of just feeding MIDI files to the NES, as I'm pretty comfortable with MIDI sequencing. I'm also planning on playing live (I play keys in a band), so I like the idea of having real-time control via keyboard. I don't know how it would work, but syncing it up with Ableton Live would be pretty cool too, if I could figure it out.

However, I've looked around the net, and I've found very little in the way of reviews. Is this worth dropping 100 bucks on?

I'm not sure how familiar you are with chiptunes, but I'm obligated to mention that a gameboy with LSDJ is an option you should take a look at. You can sequence your tracks ahead of time then perform them live.

Take a look around:

http://chipmusic.org/

http://8bitcollective.com/

Thanks for the tip, but I actually read this literally moments after purchasing LSDJ and one of those EMS 64M carts. :smile: I've been reading up on Game Boy and MIDI, and I think I'm going to try to do something similar to what I was talking about with the NES.

Still thinking about MidiNES though...

Thanks for the tip, but I actually read this literally moments after purchasing LSDJ and one of those EMS 64M carts. :smile: I've been reading up on Game Boy and MIDI, and I think I'm going to try to do something similar to what I was talking about with the NES.

Still thinking about MidiNES though...

Awesome, my first LSDJ EMS 64 cart is in the mail right now haha.