Saria's Song/Lost Woods from Ocarina of Time

Greetings all!

Check out my Saria's Song remix at tell me what you think (I think it's really awesome, personally)! I'd love any criticism, trash talk me all you want, I just want to improve. So check it out at

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/hhvl

or on my myspace at http://www.myspace.com/jzwafflemelon

Or if you're in the mood for a laugh, there is a pretty good quality funny silly video at

PLEASE, tell me what you think. Thanks!

A bit too reverb, it gets too muddy.

During the fast parts, piano needs more humanization.

That weird voice/pad thing needs an EQ cut somewhere, there is a very bad frequency killing my ears. It's also a bit too loud.

This basically needs some more balancing work, cut down on the reverb and work on making all parts audible (and none too loud).

Synths are very generic in the dance section. Again, there's a sine wave there that needs some EQ work.

Hm I like how it starts out.

It kind ofreminds me of something off Paper Mario or something. I like all the synths you have in here.

The "ha"s are kind of not needed in my opinion, but that's just me. I like how it sounds open.

Awesome intro. It has a African feel to it. I did not mind the "ha"s so much, but I also don't think it would do the song great disservice if you took them out.

I did not find anything too high for my ears, nor was it too loud.

For suggestions, I would change the synths in the little interlude you have there. The whole thing can get monotonous. You might want to have a section where the instruments totally change, just to add some variety. Then then you fade back in to the main melody and your normal synths.

All in all, great remix. Keep working at it!

This is really cool. I like the overall aesthetic a lot, and the sound/instrument choices you made work well together. Nothing really stuck out to me as being particular grating or like it needed more EQ, but that's just me.

My one issue with the song is that it wanders a little. Personally, I think it takes a little too long to really get going and doesn't really stick to one groove long enough. 6 minutes is a little on the long side, in my opinion, and since this isn't really straight trance, it can be harder to justify a long length. I dig a lot of the ideas here a lot, but I think there might be a way to condense the entire thing a little bit, as I think that'd really bring out some more energy and keep the momentum going.

Really nice work overall, though!