Good Midi composers

Hi all, I installed reaper, watched some tuts on youtubes and start playing with it a little. My question is though: is there a good midi composer I could use to make my midi tracks? Reaper uses the piano roll, but I would rather have a software that utilizes music notes. I know there's anchor and noteworthy, but so far my experience with those wasn't that great. I would like to have your thoughts and suggestions on what's the best software out there for that kind of work. Or any other suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

You mean notation?

I've used Sonar for the longest time now...I've always found that it's notation was better than Cubase's...I don't know about now, though, since I used Sonar 2.

You could try "Digital Audio Workstation" software: like Logic, Sonar, Pro Tools, or Cubase for that kind of thing. Again, I've always thought of Sonar to be the best for notation.

You could also try "Notation Software": like Finale or Sibelius. Finale Notepad is free.

True, but you can't save in midi with notepad. Thanks for the suggestions, I also heard Auralia was good. But really, I like noteworthy, not too hard to use, easy to understand and since it's only to compose the midi tracks, I don't need something too complicated. All my remixing is done in reaper anyway. At first I thought my problem was with Noteworthy, but found out it was the soundfont vst, I didn't have any sound when I was importing my midi tracks. I changed it to sfz and everything works like a charm.