Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Sky Sanctuary

Klaus

Yes, change hosting. Also, change the title of the thread so it's listed as a WIP, not a finished track.

MIIIIIDIIIII!!!! I love midi, to be perfectly honest (I wrote in that medium for... about 8 years?), but OCR won't. Use soundfonts or VSTi's. There are all sorts of free sounds out there that will help the quality of the samples you've used.

The beginning is a little disorienting because of the separate entrances of the instruments. Have them enter simultaneously.

Now for the real issue... It's so large, it's like an elephant sitting in the middle of the remix trashing the whole thing.

The guitar. The guitar... That guitar doesn't match the music at all. I mean it sounds like you played something for another song and slapped it on top of the track you had going there. I don't mind a guitar track, but it has to sound remotely related to the music, not just randomly placed in there. Kudos for using a real instrument, but unless you can make it mesh it'd be better just to get rid of the whole thing, as it stands.

Here's a small suggestion for the guitar, for starters - bring that first note a half step up. Start the song on the correct note and listen to the difference when you mix it... it'll be astonishing.

As for the rest, I'm afraid there's actually not much I can say to help with except rip the guitar part out entirely and start it from scratch. Be very attentive to the music and try to match it. Leave the fancy licks and such out of it until you're comfortable playing the music fairly straight on the guitar.

Get better samples, line up the entrances and completely redo the guitar part. There are other details to address (song is pretty short, it's conservative, etc.), but these things simply dominate the mix so heavily atm that they need to be fixed before I can get into any detail on any of the other aspects.

Welcome to OCR, and congratulations on your first mix - we all had to start somewhere, and I can assure you even the best remixer on here had trouble making music in the beginning. I wish you the best, and hope you aren't discouraged by my criticisms!

Pretty much doubling up on what has just been said but yeah, scrap the guitar or redo it with something more suitable as it ruins the track. I can't stand a lot of those MIDI sounds too to be honest, I'd take Gario's advice there.

Good effort nonetheless, keep working on it.

=)

Okej, guys, thank you so much for all comments, and of course, the help.

Well, all strings I have played in my keyboard, so, I have not used any VST plugin to get better sound. But I will try something next time.

Sorry for the Youtube link.

And I loved the "Tindeck", I will always use for now on. :-P

The guitar I have played too, but in next music game I will let it sound better than now. =D