*NO* Valkyrie Profile 'Epic Poem Orchestral'

djpretzel

Hi, my name is Bryan and this is my first submission to OC Remix. First off, I'd like to say it has been my goal to have a remix on OC for about 6 years.

A long time ago, back when the site was Orange, I submitted a (terrible) mix. I've been working on my original music and remixes since then, trying to get them up to par with OC's. I submit frequently to vgmix, and have acquired a growing reputation there.

This mix is my third submission to vgmix, but I have improved it slightly, mostly the encoding quality and some audio glitches. I would like to use my vgmix name at OC, which is Corran, and also please use this email address, IPlayFlute1985@hotmail.com. This mix is an orchestral version of the Valkyrie Profile song, "Epic Poem to a Sacred Death". I think it is OC quality, but I will of course leave it to the judges to decide.

I apologize in advance for any error in the ID3v2 tags...it was very hard to find a program that would modify them the way you guys asked, and I think I got everything. Thanks for your patience.

The file is displayed there. It's the only file in the directory. You can, of course, right-click and save.

Thank you very much for allowing me to -attempt- to get a remix on your highly-esteemed site.

Corran

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/ValkyrieProfile_psf.rar - 101 "Epic Poem to Sacred Death"

I've pimped a couple of Corran's mixes from VGMix for VGF over the summer. He's got some nice sounds, but oftentimes his pieces have been covers (which I've known from the outset) and this is no exception. The vox in particular was beefed up compared to the original and sounded pretty sweet to be honest. Some covers change instruments, but this is barely even an style upgrade, and it repeats sections just like the original with the same tempo.

Light drum taps & sleigh bells added on top at 2:31? No dice, bro. You've got to arrange/rearrange this piece while placing your own substantial personal spin and creativity on it, otherwise, it's not worth putting your name on it. I realize you're not trying to pull a fast one; nonetheless, we don't accept mock-ups. No offense meant, but if your CastleVania 64 mix "Tribal Center" is made in the same way, I'm honestly gonna be disappointed.

NO OVERRIDE