Help finding some things.

I KNOW I shouldn't post this, but I've scoured the web not being able to find any decent samples that I need.

I'm into the light melodic style of Yasunori Mitsuda. The quaint feeling of his music is something I'd love to get into.

But I just can't find any good samples of things that would fit that catagory. Maybe someone knows of a cheap sample pack from somewhere I could pick up.

It'd be great if anyone can direct me to some things that I could use for this specific genre.

Download Squidfont and the other soundfonts on Darkesword's page as a good starting point. Squidfont is an orchestral pack that has good voilin section as well as some brass and woodwinds. On the page there's also other sound fonts including a harp, a sax, a timpani, and more.

IIRC Mitsuda is mostly stuff like acoustic guitar, saxophone, harp, strings, but he also likes ethnic samples and orchestral samples too. You might want to download a brush jazz kit as well for light percussion. I don't think there's any "samples" per say that are exemplary of his style.

Download Squidfont and the other soundfonts on Darkesword's page as a good starting point. Squidfont is an orchestral pack that has good voilin section as well as some brass and woodwinds. On the page there's also other sound fonts including a harp, a sax, a timpani, and more.

IIRC Mitsuda is mostly stuff like acoustic guitar, saxophone, harp, strings, but he also likes ethnic samples and orchestral samples too. You might want to download a brush jazz kit as well for light percussion. I don't think there's any "samples" per say that are exemplary of his style.

I'm not looking to copy his every instrument. But just to get the feel of the quiet, rhythmic side.

Could you reccomend me a good soundfont player as well?

I'll check these out. Thanks

I think a pretty popular one here is sfz or sfz+, both of which are free. I use the latter and it's usually more than good enough, but I've had some glitches with it when running more than two instances, but I figure that's an issue with Renoise more than sfz+.

Thats why I wont use sfz I will run more then 2 instance most likely. Any others off hand?

I'm not looking to copy his every instrument. But just to get the feel of the quiet, rhythmic side.

Could you reccomend me a good soundfont player as well?

I'll check these out. Thanks

That is more about playing than instruments. Melodic leads, simple arpeggios, and moderate tempo.

Sfz+ is free. You could also use the Fruity Soundfont player if you have paid enough into the program.

I KNOW I shouldn't post this, but I've scoured the web not being able to find any decent samples that I need.

I'm into the light melodic style of Yasunori Mitsuda. The quaint feeling of his music is something I'd love to get into.

But I just can't find any good samples of things that would fit that catagory. Maybe someone knows of a cheap sample pack from somewhere I could pick up.

It'd be great if anyone can direct me to some things that I could use for this specific genre.

i'm missing something here. what instruments do you want? you need to identify what you're looking for before you can scour for it.

like, mitsuda, in chrono cross, uses a lot of wind instruments (flutes, oboe, clarinet), mallet percussion (vibes, steel drums, marimba), light strings, fretless electric bass, ethnic percussion (congas, shakers, tabla), and the like. don't look for a generic sample pack - look for good versions of these instruments.

squidfont is terrible for melodic stuff, but would work for background and harmonic stuff. most of the instruments have incredibly long attacks, completely unrealistic. i'd suggest finding something like florestan strings for an articulate violin, bhcello for a useable cello (that's what i used on Canvas of Dreams), florestan woodwinds for the winds, and then just browse hammersound or something for the bass and percussion samples. there's tons of stuff out there - but you need to know what you're looking for before you look for it.

edit: as for a soundfont player, FLStudio's soundfont player is good. i use that, since i use flstudio. if you're in a different DAW and don't want to switch, sfz's about as good as you'll find.

i'm missing something here. what instruments do you want? you need to identify what you're looking for before you can scour for it.

like, mitsuda, in chrono cross, uses a lot of wind instruments (flutes, oboe, clarinet), mallet percussion (vibes, steel drums, marimba), light strings, fretless electric bass, ethnic percussion (congas, shakers, tabla), and the like. don't look for a generic sample pack - look for good versions of these instruments.

squidfont is terrible for melodic stuff, but would work for background and harmonic stuff. most of the instruments have incredibly long attacks, completely unrealistic. i'd suggest finding something like florestan strings for an articulate violin, bhcello for a useable cello (that's what i used on Canvas of Dreams), florestan woodwinds for the winds, and then just browse hammersound or something for the bass and percussion samples. there's tons of stuff out there - but you need to know what you're looking for before you look for it.

edit: as for a soundfont player, FLStudio's soundfont player is good. i use that, since i use flstudio. if you're in a different DAW and don't want to switch, sfz's about as good as you'll find.

I'd have to buy the FL soundfont player the Producers Edt doesn't come with it, only a demo

Thanks this is helpful :]