Tales of Translations Overview

Thought I'd make a quick summary of the translation projects going on behind the scenes for various promising Tales games that didn't make it across the globe:

Tales of Graces

Got a neat progress bar on the right side of the page, they're sure coming along! AND they use the Riivolution patch system that requires the original disc to work, which is great!

Tales of Hearts

They already have a demo patch out, can't wait for this one.

Tales of Innocence & Phantasia

These two are finished and ready to be experienced, get it!

Tales of Phantasia lol

The Translators Razzie award goes to! Nah, they are doing a good but very slow job for a game we already got a translation for.

I had a friend whose PSX version of Phantasia froze up every time he would get to the part where you're on the flying horse. I think it was Absolute Zero's version, so I've avoided it.

That said, I've been waiting for Phantasian Production's translation for YEARS. I've actually already imported a copy of ToP for the PSX, around the same time they released their demo patch. I think my only complaint from what I've seen so far is that they make the Tech Ring available from the beginning, while they could just make it an option in controls by default, thus saving you the accessory slot.

But yeah, they're taking their sweet time about it. I understand there's a need for completion and no one wants a sloppy job done, but...

I had a friend whose PSX version of Phantasia froze up every time he would get to the part where you're on the flying horse. I think it was Absolute Zero's version, so I've avoided it.

That said, I've been waiting for Phantasian Production's translation for YEARS. I've actually already imported a copy of ToP for the PSX, around the same time they released their demo patch. I think my only complaint from what I've seen so far is that they make the Tech Ring available from the beginning, while they could just make it an option in controls by default, thus saving you the accessory slot.

But yeah, they're taking their sweet time about it. I understand there's a need for completion and no one wants a sloppy job done, but...

I've finished Phantasia with Absolute Zero's translation, no problems at all.. So I wouldn't be afraid of it freezing up. And yeah, the Phantasian Production's version has a lot of candy, like replay value (10x exp etc), better in-game fonts. But I seriously doubt it'll ever come out.

Oh, will this work with a legit copy of Graces, then? I guess the translation will be compatible with homebrew. That'd be nice, because right now so much of the plot is completely lost on me.

Yeah, I read that the patch is installed to the homebrew channel.. Then the patch is somehow started when the game is booted and translates the whole game as playing? Very advanced but excellent! I love original discs, it will feel pretty official this way I think.

• 1 month later...
I've finished Phantasia with Absolute Zero's translation, no problems at all.. So I wouldn't be afraid of it freezing up. And yeah, the Phantasian Production's version has a lot of candy, like replay value (10x exp etc), better in-game fonts. But I seriously doubt it'll ever come out.

If you actually follow the forums, they update rather regularly, at LEAST once a month. I don't think running through the scripts ten thousand times is really necessary, but they are almost on track for the end of the year.

http://forum.tales-cless.org/news/0/