Megaman 3 Intro (Drum and Bass Remix)

The mix overall needs a volume boost, the master seems so quiet to me. Around 1:20 it finally feels like the soundscape becomes a bit more full and fleshed-out. Personally, I would try to achieve a thicker-sounding soundscape earlier in the song, or else you risk losing peoples' attention early on in the song. There's some other points when things just sound thin, so even if you're not going all-out with the instrumentation, you need to find some way to fill out the soundscape with pads or more EQing/balancing to the instruments you've already got.

I would highly advise changing that piano toward the end of the song to a synth or something else, because the sequencing on it is not realistic at all. It sounds like a synth part was written and then a piano sample was slapped onto it instead :\

Another issue I had was the D&B loop - it fits the song nicely, but you need to switch it up from time to time or it starts to grow predictable and boring. Mess around with chopped up loops or different drum fills would REALLY help you out here :-)

Honestly, I think this has the potential to get to OCR level, it's just going to require some effort to tighten up the proudction/mastering/mixing, fix some of the sound choices that come off as unrealistic, and vary up the arrangement/instruments a bit. Good work so far though, I like the genre adaptation and think you've got potential here :-)

Thanks for your posts, I will try to get more out of the track how u both told me, but its very difficult because i got a bad sound system at the moment.. mastering is not complete and you are really right, that the drums are very boring

i will try to do it better, thanks again for your help

greetz marc

Not bad at all! I'm liking what you've done with this classic, here - the changes, the source usage, the instrumentation, etc. are spot on, here.

I hear what Emunator is saying here, and I pretty much need to simply agree with it, here. Some of the samples seem a touch simple, to me, considering the sweet texture from the track overall (Malstrom Ebm Lead, if I'm not mistaken?), but I suppose it's all a part of the genre. I use it from time to time, so it's all personal taste, here.

Waitin' for the OCR edit; don't let us down!

@Gario, it's not the EBM Lead from Malstrom Synth, i made the Lead, Basspad, the DNB-Bassline etc. on Thor. Was my first try to do my own synthesizer-sounds :smile:

OCR edit will coming soon if i have enough time... you know, i'm working alot and thats the big problem for doing my music :banghead:

big greetz marc