Sign in to follow this  
DarkeSword

Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star - History

Recommended Posts

The Ultimate Warrior[/url'>]"Foke" is my -- a warrior's -- term for intense concentration, extreme undivided attention. Humanity [collectively] calls it focus. The "us" in foc[us] connotes "we" to me; a collective; a group. I don't accept that. And do not find it inspiring. I changed the spelling, ergo, its meaning to suit myself, using it as a self-motivational cue that Life is Lone: I am in charge and control of myself -- or as I roar in my mind during those bouts of intense concentration, extreme undivided attention: "Take care of You and Yours, Warrior. Find your Foke."

It is not my intention to get others to use it. If others do, others do. That is not a goal I care about. There are many words used, and myriad thoughts and actions and beliefs the general population practices that I do not. It would do well for those people to always keep in their minds -- 5% of the population makes the whole of the world work. That 5% does not think as the other 95% do. They think differently. Oh, Warrior, you mean thinking outside the box? No, I don't say that and I don't mean that. The 5% that makes the wheels of the world turn don't think inside or outside a box. To these individuals there are no (box)lines, there are no limits. Explaining this in its entirety would take more time than I want to give it here.

Man does not concentrate or think collectively. He can't. Man thinks alone, all by himself. He must. He has to. No one can think for him [another]. Even a group of persons -- people -- have to each think for themselves. "Our minds are in agreement on this issue," someone might say. Still the same, each individual person of the "we' must think for themselves the content and substance of what is being said that is agreed upon by the whole.

In any hour and any issue of his life, man is free to think or evade that effort. Thinking requires a state of full, foked awareness. The act of foking one's consciousness is volitional. Man can foke his mind to a full, purposefully directed awareness of reality, or he can unfoke it and let it stray amiss in a semi-conscious stupor, merely reacting to any stimulus of the immediate moment, always at the mercy of his others.

When one unfokes his mind, he is only conscious in a subhuman sense of the word. He feels his way through life, he does not think.

Foke designates a quality of one's mental state, a quality of active alertness. Foke brings into a state the goal -- a directed mind committed to attaining and maintaining full awareness of reality. It's the state of a mind committed to seeing, to grasping, to understanding, to knowing. A commitment to grasp all the relevant full facts to one's concern and activity at any given time.

Or maybe it's this:

Randall van der Woning]The drug fad that swept England is making its way to Hong Kong.

The new high is called Foke: Fake Coke — a powder that looks like cocaine but is a placebo. People spend HK$62 per gram for the alleged glamour of cutting lines to snort at parties.

Those in the know say it sells for a lot more in Hong Kong. It’ll fit right in with the fake Rolexes and knock-off Prada handbags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randall van der Woning]The drug fad that swept England is making its way to Hong Kong.

The new high is called Foke: Fake Coke — a powder that looks like cocaine but is a placebo. People spend HK$62 per gram for the alleged glamour of cutting lines to snort at parties.

Those in the know say it sells for a lot more in Hong Kong. It’ll fit right in with the fake Rolexes and knock-off Prada handbags.

Ooooh. Well, in Rexy's case, it all makes sense! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this