Dark Link

redfalkon107

Hey all,

I've followed The Legend of Zelda series since I was a kid and have fallen in love with lots of aspects. Mostly the music. One of the most mysterious characters that doesn't get enough love is Dark Link. He is pure evil according to all the theories and he doesn't really have a song to call his own. PH and ST have a similar song and I would like to request a remix that truly embodies what he really is in the aspect of evil. Something that will give fans goosebumps when they think of him while listening to it.

Love this site and salute all the remixers who put so much time and effort into making awesome songs even better. Keep up the good work.

and he doesn't really have a song to call his own.

...Actually, he does. And a few ones at that. ;)

In Zelda II: Link no Bouken, from where he originated.

And while some might argue that it was but a mere shadow of Link , fact remains it's still the first apperance of what will later be known as Dark Link.

Here's the song in question : Zelda II Link no Bouken - Last Guardian

The second (and chronologically first) appearance was in Ocarina of Time, where Dark Link is supposedely the result of Link pulling out the Master Sword for the first time.

But in this game, he doesn't have any special theme. Instead, you're fighting him to the tune of regular Mid Boss.

Here's the song: Ocarina of Time - Mid Boss Battle

The third (and technically first) appearance was in Four Swords Adventure (Four Swords Plus in japan).

In this game, Dark Link was properly labelized as an antagonist, and this time, was displayed with the physical traits of Link, not just his shadow.

As such, he was given a proper theme: Four Sword Adventures - Shadow Link

Dark Link was also featured in other Zelda games, but not as prominently, and with no musical theme of his own:

-summoned by Veran in Oracles of Ages

-optionally fought in the castle town 'take em all on' mini game in Spirit Tracks

-associated to the dark interlooper in Twilight Princess

-fought in SuperSmashBros Mellee and Brawl

Hope this helps whoever want to try his/her hand at a Dark Link tribute arrangement. ;)

@ Dj Mokram,

Thanks a lot for all the info and research. I guess I should have worded my post better. Dark Link does have a few songs that appear in the various games, what I've been hoping for is that one singular song that when you hear it you know right away that he is nearby.

That actually got me thinking. Besides locations, which aspects of the LOZ series (characters mostly) have have a recurring theme? Ganondorf is one I can think of right away...I think. What else is there?

Zelda's theme has actually been there (to my knowledge) since Link to the Past. The Hyrule overworld theme obviously has been there since the beginning. There are a few others which re-occur sporadically, for instance some of the Ocarina songs have popped up here and there, most noticeably in Twilight Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
That actually got me thinking. Besides locations, which aspects of the LOZ series (characters mostly) have have a recurring theme? Ganondorf is one I can think of right away...I think. What else is there?

Lol. That damn owl. Speaking of which, I haven't seen this theme being remixed. Is it because it brings up horrible memories of his speeches?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8R0biN_OWk