Fridged 2 Ice cap (2in1 remix with fl demo song girl lol)

This is the non submission edit with 2 remixes in one, since i was too lazy to make them both so i combined them(not the best idea) :nicework:, i'v been working on this song for a while as my first Ableton Rewired fl studio track. and also my first vocal acapella track/remix.

sadly this version is better EQed and mixed then the submittion edit, and i submitted the wrong one with a bit rate of 160 cause of the rules on attachments, lowering the hell out the quality :sad:

and im no longer improving this track :P still improving other tracks.

and for the last time. for PLUCKS its a moog.......

but hay enough of me heres the 2 versions, hope you guys like

Originals-

ice cap

- just hold on

Fridged- http://tindeck.com/listen/qgts (in 192kbps, to lazy to make it 320kbps)

Fridged Submittion Edit - http://tindeck.com/listen/uonn (in 312kbps in tindeck original is 320 kbps)

Hmm... I'm suspecting both your files are too large to be accepted on OCR (8mb limit). Also, they only accept between 96 & 192kbps, which is lower than your 'submission' edit. Of course, that takes care of the filesize, too, so it works for you.

What do you mean by vocal 'acapella' remix? If I'm not mistaken, an 'Acapella' track is one with vocals only, which neither the source nor the remix are. Just trying to figure that out, here.

Here's some tips on the remix - the cheese sounds are terrible. Not that they're always bad, but they really don't mesh well with everything else you've got going, here. The saw texture isn't as bad, but you can do better than that.

The arrangement is pretty boring. You play around with the same texture again and again. It gets pretty boring, even on the short version. You need some more meat on the arrangement to stand a chance on OCR.

I really like the effects and such on this track. You played with them like a champ, and I liked it. Keep it up in your future tracks :-D.

There are some production issues in the submission edit (hard clipping, for example), and the side chaining sounds weird with the attack of the texture hitting a few milliseconds before the chaining occurs.

Not too bad, but not a submission to OCR yet. Good luck with any future endeavors. You have the effects and such going for you; all you need is a great arrangement to go along with it.

Hmm... I'm suspecting both your files are too large to be accepted on OCR (8mb limit). Also, they only accept between 96 & 192kbps, which is lower than your 'submission' edit. Of course, that takes care of the filesize, too, so it works for you.

What do you mean by vocal 'acapella' remix? If I'm not mistaken, an 'Acapella' track is one with vocals only, which neither the source nor the remix are. Just trying to figure that out, here.

Here's some tips on the remix - the cheese sounds are terrible. Not that they're always bad, but they really don't mesh well with everything else you've got going, here. The saw texture isn't as bad, but you can do better than that.

The arrangement is pretty boring. You play around with the same texture again and again. It gets pretty boring, even on the short version. You need some more meat on the arrangement to stand a chance on OCR.

I really like the effects and such on this track. You played with them like a champ, and I liked it. Keep it up in your future tracks :-D.

There are some production issues in the submission edit (hard clipping, for example), and the side chaining sounds weird with the attack of the texture hitting a few milliseconds before the chaining occurs.

Not too bad, but not a submission to OCR yet. Good luck with any future endeavors. You have the effects and such going for you; all you need is a great arrangement to go along with it.

no i ment i pulled the acapella from the song and just added it in.

yah progressive house is usually repetitive (some times) but yah cutoff automations on moog were tempting tho lol.

which effects :o

which cheese sound?

yah about that, sidechain problems, i did it in fl studio, i should have don it in ableton but i gave up on this tho;p

Next time just say 'vocals', since 'acapella' means something very different. Using the musical vocabulary properly helps your image as a musician :)

I think it could explore other areas of the song, even if it is house. You use only one part of the source for the entire track, so it's hardly expansive enough, even for that genre.

Pretty much all the effects were effective, imho. I like effects :nicework:.

Cheese = 1:12. On Tindeck it's hard to get the time without downloading it.

I think you can fix the sidechain problem by adjusting the attack of the intruding instruments by a few milliseconds during the chain. It ought to help, at any rate.

Next time just say 'vocals', since 'acapella' means something very different. Using the musical vocabulary properly helps your image as a musician :)

I think it could explore other areas of the song, even if it is house. You use only one part of the source for the entire track, so it's hardly expansive enough, even for that genre.

Pretty much all the effects were effective, imho. I like effects :nicework:.

Cheese = 1:12. On Tindeck it's hard to get the time without downloading it.

I think you can fix the sidechain problem by adjusting the attack of the intruding instruments by a few milliseconds during the chain. It ought to help, at any rate.

oh you mean the breath thing at 1;12

Wow. Ok. I'll clear up a few things here. A Capella is vocals with NO instrumentation. This track would not qualify for that in any way. I will also agree with Gario on his review. This track needs a lot of work (even the revised edition) before it will get accepted. If I'm saying this as a noob on OCR then it means you have more than a few serious production problems. I don't ever comment on source usage, so you'll have to get help from others on that. The build up ( I know you know where it is, because the volume feels like it doubles out of nowhere with some clipping), is way too hot and needs to come down in volume a lot. Some of the other portamento (sliding) sounding leads are pretty solid. The bassline feels like its EQ'd funny, and gets much stronger on the 3rd note of the descending progressions. I have to agree with Gario again on the boring arrangement. Despite anything you say about progressive house being repetitive, this track needs much more diversity. Please give us more in the arrangement, and add some change-ups to those drums. They sound like you looped them through almost the entire track with and on/off switch for different measures. I'm picking the track apart, but I hope it helps when you hear it. I would love to hear this track revised to be a great dance track, but that all depends on you. If you keep at it and post your new revisions here, the mods will tell you when it's OCR- ready (Again, I found this out the hard way by submitting my track first, before posting it in these threads) Good luck!:-)

Wow. Ok. I'll clear up a few things here. A Capella is vocals with NO instrumentation. This track would not qualify for that in any way. I will also agree with Gario on his review. This track needs a lot of work (even the revised edition) before it will get accepted. If I'm saying this as a noob on OCR then it means you have more than a few serious production problems. I don't ever comment on source usage, so you'll have to get help from others on that. The build up ( I know you know where it is, because the volume feels like it doubles out of nowhere with some clipping), is way too hot and needs to come down in volume a lot. Some of the other portamento (sliding) sounding leads are pretty solid. The bassline feels like its EQ'd funny, and gets much stronger on the 3rd note of the descending progressions. I have to agree with Gario again on the boring arrangement. Despite anything you say about progressive house being repetitive, this track needs much more diversity. Please give us more in the arrangement, and add some change-ups to those drums. They sound like you looped them through almost the entire track with and on/off switch for different measures. I'm picking the track apart, but I hope it helps when you hear it. I would love to hear this track revised to be a great dance track, but that all depends on you. If you keep at it and post your new revisions here, the mods will tell you when it's OCR- ready (Again, I found this out the hard way by submitting my track first, before posting it in these threads) Good luck!:-)

thanks you parts of both taughts i agree (and disagree) but yah i made the structure complicated as hell so no redos, but another ice cap remix to come.

yah i did said i pulled the acapella from the track i wanted vocals from :o

yah i gave up on this track, meny issues in Daws and hardwares.

i'll finish new songs and previous

airplane music

and

Broken gba http://tindeck.com/listen/turj

but so far i gave up on this track, i made a few bad ideas when i started to structure the track for sounds, for me to revise this i would need to go back and forth from daws.

next time i'l stick to ableton (especially for side chaining) and Rewire fl instead of using both at diffrent times ;p