OoT Remix - The Lost Woods

I'd say the snare can have more lows, the lead can be less loud, and most of the thin-ness is in the higher ranges, not the lows. Bass drum sounds like it's lacking punch and oomph. Time to layer more bass drums on it/replace it/do serious eq edits and stuff.

Dunno how this sits with ocr. Arrangement doesn't feel very creative to me, it's conservative+original, not much interpretation. On the flip side, it's hard to miss the source. Anyway, it's a competent transplant atop a track of a different genre but it seems like the source could be more integrated into the body of the track.

If the source doesn't give you enough material to work with, consider drawing from another OoT source like I did with my mix. I added Lost Woods because it fit well into what I already had and I needed something for variation. It's not just source A lead ->source B lead all atop original material, it's got layers of source in there, and allusions to different parts in the more liberal sections.

But whatever, this is a good start. Keep it up. :D

Arrangement: There's some nice variation on the melodies happening, but the chord progression could use some more interpretation.

Production: To fill out the mid/high range you could use a couple of hard panned synth pads. The synth bass sits well but I will have to agree with Rozovian about the kick and snare.

Great start, keep it up. (For a remix name, how about "The Lost Tree-House" lol :wink:

I enjoyed the style but I found the first 2/3s to be only foreplay for the main melody which only came in the last third of the song (2/3's intro is way too long). I'd say reverse that. Let people know what melody they are listening to first, THEN go crazy with it. Then go back. Cheers.

I find that if I mess with the melody, and keep the chords the same, it sounds great, but if I mess with the chords and keep the melody the same, it sounds like a terrible mess. You can't modify the chords so much or it won't sound like the right melody.

I'm going to try the hard-panned layered synth pads method to make it sound more full on the high end. And yeah I did some outrageous compression on that kick drum. There is some OOmph in my kick now lol.