The Wasteland

Sheodon

Piano sound is terrible. The higher notes sound ok-ish but the lower ones seem mechanical, and the whole thing is terribly dry. Sounds like you used a piano with unnaturally short release and no reverb. The piano instrument you're using might not have much support for dynamics, adding to the mechanical feel of the track. I hear instances where the notes don't line up exactly, so I know it's not quantized, but it still sounds very mechanical. See what you can do about that.

Not familiar with the original, so can't comment on that. Overall, the arrangement seems to work, it has dynamics (it's the sound that doesn't) in how it's written/performed. Just gotta get the sound better. I wouldn't call it finished just yet. :)

God! That ascending chorus is a blatant rip of something and I can't out what it is! It's gonna bother me all night. Thanks dude...

Anyways, onto the track... I can tell that this was played by hand on a keyboard of some sort, so I'll give some kudos there, but boy is the setting bad. It sounds like you could use an upgrade there my friend. There are some timing/ bad note issues throughout, and those parts should probably re-recorded. I am also not familiar with the source (which you should always post with your songs so ppl have reference), so I can't help there. I would say that this track needs quite a bit of work on the sound/production side and some work on the composition/arrangement. But keep at it, I'm sure you could make this track into something if you put the effort in.:-)