Another EvE Online Remix, "I Stole Your Shit"

OverCoat

I guess I'll throw a little review action out there:smile:

The intro was way too long and borderline made me lose interest. Maybe a few little riffs or gracing notes would help that out. Transition to main melody was decent, though the explosion sounded a little lo-fi compared to everything else. Once it kicked in, the cymbal was extremely hot and needs to come down quite a bit in the mix. The synth patches sounded alright, but the drum patches need some major working over. The "torque wrench" style snare needs some verb or a better release setting; it sounds abrupt. The kick setting wasn't bad for the genre, maybe a little boomy, but I would def let it pass for what it is. The background constant hi-hat wasn't too appealing to hear, as it sounded more like a "stick" setting than an actual hi hat. I'm not sure about the source, so I won't comment on source/original structure, but the whole piece felt a little repetitive and drawn out to me. I guess it might fly for a trance/prog feel, but I would agree with you that the track leans more towards hip hop/rap. However, without an actual rapper involved, it kinda feels lacking. The flanged piano was a decent idea, but I'm not sure how well it fits (FX's like flange and chorus can sound really weird on a piano setting). On a production end, I feel like you're relying too much on the kick to give you the low end, and there's no prominent bassline present. I already mentioned that the cymbal is blasting too much high end, so I'll skip telling you to turn down the highs. On a much more positive note, all the instruments could be heard clearly, so muddiness was not an issue at all. I also think that the body of the track was solid, and the arrangement is pretty catchy. I know this is a lot to take in, but this isn't my genre, so maybe one of these vets with more experience in the genre will pop in and give a more precise critique. Good luck:-)