Bionic Commando (Dubstep)

RowdyRego

It's not bad at all, bro. It does sound pretty close to OCR standards, really. The EQ on it is a bit odd, especially for dubstep... or at least for the little dubstep that I've heard on this site. I'm going to shoot from the hip and say this really needs more bass & lower mids and less highs, here. Perhaps it's an artifact from Youtube, though - a direct link to the mp3 would be the preferable method of upload (*hint hint*).

The arrangement is pretty liberal - in fact too much so. I can hear the source quite clearly, but it's used in such a way that it might not be counted as 'source'. Up to 0:54, it's pretty clear, but after that the theme is contracted in such a way that it's hard to associate it to the source. I hear what you did, but I don't think it'll pass due to the liberal nature of it all.

I'm talking from experience, here - my own track was rejected because it treated the source in a very similar manner. Yes, the source is all over the place, but it's cut up and rearranged in such a manner that it doesn't sound like the source anymore.

Interesting arrangement, and I believe you can make a couple of changes to make it closer to the source, but as it stands it won't quite make it on the site. Just take a little time on it and focus it more on making it OCR and you'll do just fine.

Nice track :)

just to clear it up, no i am not rusko

the source may be a little hard to draw from, as you can tell its the main theme. I think it works in 2 ways.

1) have you heard much dubstep? it sometimes only consists of a main part, and a break session. this has that, plus a neat little ending put on it

2) it may not be note for note exactly like the correct version, but ive been listening to OCR for a few years now, on my ipod, and backed up onto my computer. Which is pretty much safe to say ive probably heard each and every one, as well as a few rejected remixes. compared to most, completed and "good enough for OCR", its pretty close.

as for a cleaner, more bass-y, audio clip

try this one

Thanks for clearing that up, Emunator (I missed that part :oops:).

So are you with Rusko, then, or are you simply curious about whether or not the track would be acceptable? If you're with him you can let him know our thoughts, I guess, but if not then the answer is simply no, that song would probably be rejected as it is, for the arrangement reasons I stated earlier.

If he's around, though, he's welcome to come around here, too :roll:.

No. in no way have i contacted rusko, or am rusko.

But i was thinking OCR might be able to do that. Seeing how hes probably not that hard to get to. Now i could of uploaded megadeths version of grabbag (Duke Nukems Theme) but that probably wouldnt of been even looked at because what are the odds of contacting megadeth? i was just curious as to if it would of gotten in. cause i think the song just screams standard ocremix material. but i guess there could be a few flaws to it.

and Gario, even your track on newgrounds sounds like i would see it on OCR. thats what i like to keep my eye out for, some the rejected work is actually really good. i found this castlevania remix a few months ago, had some dracula/simon dialogue in it. it was sooo good, but i eventually lost my computer memory, and remix with it. its sad to see have the good stuff that is forgotten. i guess i just wanted this remix to be noticed before disappearing with the other stuff that hasnt made it.

and Gario, even your track on newgrounds sounds like i would see it on OCR.

Well thank you very much for your sentiments :mrgreen:. I thought so too, but... well, not quite. No worries, though - it helps me understand what's acceptable and whats not.

thats what i like to keep my eye out for, some the rejected work is actually really good.

Perhaps remix.thasauce.net has some more stuff that you're looking for? Olremix.org is an alternative site, as well. Newgrounds has some gems periodically, too - there are more sites than here that host talented musicians.

It's not OCR's business to go out 'recruiting' people onto the site if they feel they're good enough (whatever that means to them), so don't expect something like that to happen any time soon. You can send a personal invitation to Rusko, though - you never know, linking him to this site (or this thread, even) might be enough for him to share what he has with us here on OCR, as he seems to be a talented young person.

It's worth a shot - he'd be welcome here, I'm sure.